Dr. Joel Alexander, DO
Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
Joel Alexander, DO, is an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor who specializes in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery. He is proud to treat both pediatrics and adults for general ear, nose, and throat ailments, and he brings a detailed and caring approach to every patient visit. Dr. Alexander also offers in-demand cosmetic services like Botox, fillers, and other facial cosmetic procedures. Dr. Alexander began his training at Ohio University Medical School. He knew the ENT specialty was the direction for him, and thus completed both a residency and an internship in otorhinolaryngology at Union Hospital and Kennedy Memorial Hospital, respectively. Since graduation, Dr. Alexander has served the Decatur area for over 20 years. He is certified in head and neck surgery by the American Osteopathic board of Otorhinolaryngology. In addition to seeing patients at his own practice, Dr. Alexander is also the Chief of the Department of Surgical Services at Kindred Hospital. His past roles have included teaching as a Clinical Instructor at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine’s Georgia campus. During his rare off-hours, Dr. Alexander enjoys a good game of golf and spending quality time with his daughter. He also values seeing his friends, and as an animal lover, he loves to play with his dogs. Dr. Alexander stays involved and engaged with his peers through organizations like the American Osteopathic College of Otorhinolaryngology, and the Medical Association of Georgia. He looks forward to meeting you!
- American Republic Insurance Company
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- American Osteopathic Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Education and training
- Medical School - Ohio University, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Union Hospital, Residency in Otorhinolaryngology
- Kennedy Memorial Hospital, Internship in Otorhinolaryngology
- American Osteopathic Association
- Dr. Alexander is certified in otolaryngology and facial plastic surgery by the American Osteopathic Board of Otolaryngology.