Dr. Jose-Ruben Ayala, MD
Family Physician, Primary Care Doctor
Jose-Ruben Ayala is a friendly and engaging family physician and primary care doctor serving the area of El Paso, TX with Providence Medical Partners - Sierra. Dr. Ayala received his medical training from the University of El Salvador and completed his residency in internal medicine and occupational health and labor medicine at the Salvadorean Institute of Social Security. He also completed a residency program in family medicine at the Texas Tech University. Dr. Ayala is board-certified by the American Board of Family Medicine and belongs to the American Academy of Family Physicians, the Texas Medical Association, and the Salvadorean Association of Internal Medicine. Dr. Ayala’s medical scope is very expansive. His clinical focus adult well-care, acute and chronic illness. He has also performed extensive research and given many presentations on issues such as vocal chord dysfunction, prostate disease, and rheumatoid arthritis. Dr. Ayala is fluent in English and Spanish, which makes him accessible to patients with varying backgrounds. When he is not working, Dr. Ayala enjoys athletic activities such as soccer, tennis, volleyball, and biking.
- Family Physician
- Primary Care Doctor
- Sierra Providence East Medical Center
- American Board of Family Medicine
Education and training
- Medical School - Universidad de El Salvador Facultad de Medicina
- Instituto Salvadoreno del Seguro Social, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Instituto Salvadoreno del Seguro Social, Residency in Occupational Health and Labor Medicine
- Texas Tech University, Residency in Family Medicine
Awards and publications
- June 2010 Family & Community Medicine Residency Program — TTUHSC — El Paso TX. Chief Resident of Family Medicine from June 2009 to June 2010.
- May 2009 excellence Award for outstanding performance and exceptional commitment to research. 3rd Annual Research Colloquium — TTUHSC Paul L Foster School of Medicine.
Providence Medical Partners-Sierra Campus
1600 Medical Center Dr, Suite 405
El Paso, TX 79902