Dr. Katherine Murphy, DO
Family Physician, Primary Care Doctor
A warm and caring family physician and a primary care doctor, Dr. Katherine Murphy caters to the sick of Philadelphia, PA, and practices at Stoll Medical Group. Patients visit her for a wide array of medical concerns, such as acne, sleep problems, sexually transmitted diseases, warts, and ear infections. She gives her patients her undivided attention and practices with a goal of helping each of them lead healthy and fulfilling lives. Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine, Dr. Murphy is a skilled professional, who earned her medical degree from the New York Institute of Technology, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, Old Westbury. She then pursued a residency in family medicine at Mount Sinai Beth Israel. She is a compassionate practitioner, who believes in educating her patients about their health for long and short-term benefits. Dr. Murphy is a zealous researcher, with authorial credits in numerous publications. She holds active memberships in the American Osteopathic Association, the New York State Osteopathic Medical Society, and the American Academy of Family Physicians. She enjoys giving back to her community and has participated in many volunteering activities. Outside of medicine, she is fond of hiking, running, boating, and spending time with her family.
- Family Physician
- Primary Care Doctor
- American Board of Family Medicine
Education and training
- Medical School - New York Institute of Technology, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, Old Westbury, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Residency in Family Medicine
- State University of New York, Upstate Medical University (Bachelor's)
- American Osteopathic Association
- New York State Osteopathic Medical Society
- American Academy of Family Physicians
Awards and publications
- O’Boyle, J, Murphy, K. “When erythema nodosum Recurs; Looking Deeper than the Dermis.” Poster Presentation. Northwell Health Academic Day. June 5th, 2018.
- Lee, M, Ascher, E, Murphy, K. “Should routine diagnostic testing and treatment of H pylori infection be considered in patients with gastrointestinal symptoms in a Long Island Family Health Center?” Poster Presentation. FMEC Annual Meeting. Cleveland, OH. November 11, 2017.
- Shah, M., Murphy, K., Nazarian, R., McLendon, L., Prine, L. “The Impact of CenteringPregnancy® Group Prenatal Care on Choosing Long-Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC) Among Postpartum Women.” Poster Presentation. FMEC Annual Meeting. Danvers, MA. October 31, 2016.
- Min, I., Murphy, K., Alani, R., Small-Warner, S., Cohrssen, A. “PCMH Curriculum - Keeping the Finger on the Pulse (Evaluating and Reevaluating the Outcomes).” Lecture Discussion. 48th STFM Annual Spring Conference, Orlando, FL. April 26, 2015
- Min, I., Cohrssen, A., Conway, J., Murphy, K., Alani, R. “Pluripotent Curriculum- Miracle? Hysteria? A discussion of a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Training Initiative.” Poster Presentation. Greater New York Hospital Association. New York, NY. 2014.
Stoll Medical Group
1528 Walnut Street, Suite 950
Philadelphia, PA 19102