About Dr. Leon Reyfman
Leon Reyfman, MD, RPh is a graduate of Ross University Medical School where he earned the prestigious Award of Academic Excellence. He completed his internship in Internal Medicine at Maimonides Medical Center. Following his internship, Dr. Reyfman completed a residency in Anesthesiology with focus on Pain Medicine at SUNY Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY. With pain management being his primary interest, Dr. Reyfman pursued and was granted a fellowship at the world-renowned Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons/St. Lukes Roosevelt Hospital. While at Columbia/St. Lukes Roosevelt, Dr. Reyfman honed his skills and gained extensive experience in patient interaction, continuity of care, physical rehabilitation, and the value of teamwork. Dr. Reyfman is board certified through the American Board of Anesthesiology in both Anesthesiology and Pain Management. Dr. Reyfman has extensive clinical experience and training in invasive and non-invasive pain management. He currently serves as the Director of Interventional Pain Medicine at Long Island College Hospital and is Assistant Clinical Professor of Anesthesiology at SUNY Downstate Medical School. Dr. Reyfman is a member of American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians as well as the International Spine Intervention Society. Dr. Reyfman is actively involved in Pain Management research.
- Pain Management Specialist
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center
- American Board of Anesthesiology
- Pain Medicine (Anesthesiology)
Education and training
- Medical School - Ross University School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Residency in Anesthesiology
- Saint Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, Fellowship in Pain Management
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
Awards and publications
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2015)
- New York Top Docs 2018
Dr. Leon Reyfman's office locations
Pain Physicians NY
2279 Coney Island Ave, 2nd Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11223
Pain Physicians NY
96-18 63rd Drive, Suite#202
Rego Park, NY 11374
Pain Physicians NY
3227 E Tremont Ave
Bronx, NY 10461
Patient reviews for Dr. Leon Reyfman
On my visit I saw different doctor but all of them very professional and nice. Will recommend this office.
Pleasant , clean office, friendly receptionist, PA and Doc explained every aspect of my injury and treatment options, took their time, left office with clear understanding of what lies ahead
Empathetic very knowlegible providers that take the time to talk with patients. The PA and physician were great. A procedure was scheduled before I left the office for Monday morning and that is outstanding service and I could have had it done this morning. The staff are all welcoming and helpful.
I am a past patient returning to Dr. Reyfmond.. Not much to report right now but definitely will in the near future..
I was not too happy to learn that I had a pinched nerve on the neck that is causing me problems with the right arm. What surprised me is that the doctor told me that I’m perfectly ok and have nothing to worry about. He told me I can go back to work in construction without restrictions. I am disappointed that nothing was done to help me with a realistic treatment plan. I will never visit this doctor again. I am considering getting a lawyer and suing them for medical negligence.
This man is a godsend! He has kept me pain free and able to function while working a 60hr a week job. I also like that he didn’t try and just put me on a bunch of pain pills. The most I have to use is a heating pad now and then. He is definitely who you want to help you live a pain free and pill free life!
Doesn’t prescribe meds just injections. Not what I was looking for
The doctor was very informative and genitive to my needs.
it was a great friendly experience. very polite people and a very clean environment.
Very nice very respectful just wish he could of help you more !!
Thank you Doctor for your Services excellent!
I really enjoyed this visit. I was informed thoroughly of my options and what the process would be like with my insurance. This doctor did a lot of things my previous doctor did not and that made me feel secure about the choice I made. The office is really nice and the staff is great as well. I literally only have to walk 1 minute to get here I love it! This place will definitely get you on track with things!
Pleasant, very Professionals, courteous staff.
I recommend them to anyone they helped in so many ways.
The staff was amazing . Courteous and knows how to treat your needs.
He was great!!
the staff is very helpful and professional, Dr Reifman answered all my questions satisfactorily. I am very satisfied with the service.
The doc was great, I was nervous because I was told I needed a cortisone shot immediately , and he recommended physical therapy first. The shot might not be needed. He answered all my questions. Very knowledgeable !!
Great dr cares about his patients
Dr . Reyfman was very kind and helped make me feel comfortable even while getting a painful injection. After going through many doctors I am happy to find a doctor that is caring and an office I didn't have to wait 2 hours to see the doctor. I highly recommend Dr . Reyfman!
The doctor and his staff explain everything and have a great bedside manner. Despite being full for new patients they worked with me to adjust the appointment slightly to squeeze me in without making me wait too long. Thankfully, his other patients were quite friendly and everyone was chatting back and forth despite being strangers.
Intelligent and compassionate help.
- Atlanta, GA Pain Management Specialists
- Austin, TX Pain Management Specialists
- Chicago, IL Pain Management Specialists
- Dallas, TX Pain Management Specialists
- Denver, CO Pain Management Specialists
- Houston, TX Pain Management Specialists
- Jersey City, NJ Pain Management Specialists
- Los Angeles, CA Pain Management Specialists
- New York, NY Pain Management Specialists
- Philadelphia, PA Pain Management Specialists
- Phoenix, AZ Pain Management Specialists
- San Antonio, TX Pain Management Specialists
- San Diego, CA Pain Management Specialists
- San Francisco, CA Pain Management Specialists
- Washington, DC Pain Management Specialists
- More Locations
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Anesthesia Consultation
- Epidural Injection
- General Anesthesia
- Intravenous Medication / Sedation
- Pain Management Consultation
- Pain Medicine Follow Up
- Pediatric Pre-Surgery Anesthesia Follow Up
- Regional Anesthesia
- Sedation Management
- Spinal Anesthesia
- Vascular Anesthesia
- More Procedures
- Aetna Pain Management Specialists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Pain Management Specialists
- Cigna Pain Management Specialists
- UnitedHealthcare Pain Management Specialists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Pain Management Specialists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Pain Management Specialists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Pain Management Specialists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Pain Management Specialists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Pain Management Specialists
- More Insurances