Dr. LiJun Mi, MD, PhD, FACP
Internist, Primary Care Doctor
Dr. Mi is a world-class, board certified Internist, who has spent over twenty years practicing Internal Medicine (Primary Care). She has additional training and experience working with liver disease and hepatitis patients. Dr. Mi believes that an individualized approach is best when delivering care, and she is committed to treating every patient like a family member. Dr. Mi is warm and friendly, and spends her time trying to get to know each of her patients to truly improve their lives and well-being.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Primary Care Doctor
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Education and training
- Bronx Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Medical School - Harbin Medical University, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- New York University (PhD)
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- American College of Physicians
Awards and publications
- Mi L-J, Rincon-Bejarano LA, Babbar R, Chiu EK, Martell M, Karsdon J, Brown R, Ghany MG. Vitamin D deficiency in Asian-American patients with chronic hepatitis B in New York Downtown Hospital. Poster and Abstract, American Association of Study for Liver Disease Annual Meeting, San Francisco, November, 2011. Hepatotogy 54 (4s): 614A. 2011.
- Kim, S., L-J. Mi, and L. Zhang. Specific elevation of DcR3 in sera of sepsis patients and its potential role as a clinically important biomarker of sepsis. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 73(4):312-7. Aug. 2012.
- Mi L-J, Karsdon J, Huang WM, Chiang B, Ghany MG, Del Priore G., et al. Hepatitis B virus transmission rate among children born to Chinese-American mothers with chronic hepatitis B in the New York Downtown area. The Presidential Award of Poster Presentation of Distinction. Poster Presentation, American Association of Study for Liver Disease Annual Meeting, Boston, November 2009. Abstract, Hepatology, 50 (4s): 966A, 2009.
- Pan, CQ., L-J. Mi, C. Bunchoratavakul, J. Karsdon, WH. William, G. Singhvi, MG. Ghany, and KR. Reddy Tenofovir isoproxil fumarate for prevention of vertical transmission of hepatitis B virus infection by highly viremic pregnant women: a case series. Dig Dis Sci. 57(9): 2423-9. Sep. 2012
- Kasturi, R., Huey, H., Dodis, R., Mi, LJ. Effect of metformin in body weight and glycemic control in Asian-American patients with type-2 diabetes. Abstract, American Diabetes Association Annual Meeting, San Francisco, June. 2008.
- Chinese (Mandarin)
Harbin Medical Care
43-16 215th Street, 1st Floor
Bayside, NY 11361
Harbin Medical Care
13329 41st Road, 2D
Flushing, NY 11355