Dr. Luis Ernesto Urrutia, MD
Dr. Luis Ernesto Urrutia practices at Geisinger Cardiology. He is board-certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in cardiovascular disease and critical care medicine. Dr. Urrutia works towards creating a better healthcare environment. He is a qualified cardiologist who diligently works with the expert team at his practice to provide the most comprehensive cardiological care to his patients. Dr. Urrutia attended medical school at the Universidad de Ciencias Medicas Andrés Vesalio Guzmán (UCIMED) Escuela de Medicina in Costa Rica. He then moved to the United States, where he completed his residency in internal medicine. He is also fellowship-trained in cardiovascular disease at the Texas Tech University and in critical care medicine at the Mayo Clinic. Focused and caring, Dr. Urrutia believes in providing effective and compassionate patient care. He is passionate about cardiology and encourages his patients to discuss their concerns candidly.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease (Internal Medicine)
- Critical Care Medicine (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Fellowship in Critical Care Medicine
- Medical School - Universidad de Ciencias Medicas Andrés Vesalio Guzmán (UCIMED) Escuela de Medicina
- Texas Tech University, Fellowship in Cardiovascular Disease
- Texas Tech University, Residency in Internal Medicine