Dr. Luis Guerrero, MD
Physiatrist, Sports Medicine Specialist
Luis Guerrero, MD, is an attending physician with MedStar National Rehabilitation Network. Dr. Guerrero specializes in sports medicine, spine medicine, musculoskeletal conditions, concussions, fluoroscopically guided interventional procedures, regenerative medicine, electrodiagnostic medicine, medical acupuncture and musculoskeletal ultrasound. He currently serves as a team physician for the D.C. United. Dr. Guerrero has a special interest in the use of complementary and alternative medical therapies such as acupuncture and regenerative therapies such as prolotherapy, platelet-rich-plasma and stem cells to augment healing. Appointments: We ask that patients arrive on time for their scheduled appointment. Patients arriving greater than 15 minutes after their scheduled appointment, may be asked to reschedule. If you must cancel same day or do not show for an appointment, you may be charged a fee. After three consecutive no shows or same day cancellations you will be discharged from the practice. Cancellations must be received within 24 hours of appointment time. Please notify staff of any changes in information, including insurance changes, at check-in. Referrals: Some insurance companies require patients to have referrals, or pre-authorization, to see specialists. It is the patient’s responsibility to obtain referrals or pre-authorization for their appointments. Please be sure to have a hard copy of any referrals needed, when arriving to scheduled appointments. Billing: The MedStar NRH Physician’s Outpatient center located at 102 Irving Street is a hospital-based outpatient clinic. You will receive separate bills for physician, radiology & facility services.
- AmeriHealth Caritas
- Sports Medicine Specialist
- MedStar National Rehabilitation Network
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Sports Medicine (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation)
Education and training
- Medical School - Universidad Iberoamericana (UNIBE) School of Medicine, Santo Domingo
- Monmouth Medical Center, Internship in General Surgery
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Montefiore Medical Center, Residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, Fellowship in Sports Medicine and Interventional Spine
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
Awards and publications
- Outstanding Service and Dedication Awarded June 2013, New York Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- “Ultrasonography of Subcoracoid Bursal Impingement Syndrome” PM&R – The Journal of Injury, Function and Rehabilitation, Published 2014 S. Drakes, S. Thomas, S. Kim, L. Guerrero, S. Lee.
- “Heat Illness and Prevention” - Invited Lecture – PGC Coaches Care and Prevention Course –High School Consortium, November 7, 2015, Capitol Heights, MD.
- “Overuse Injuries” - Invited Lecture – MedStar Sports Medicine Lecture Series– MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital, November 6, 2015, Washington, DC.
- “Displaced proximal humerus fracture with vascular compromise in a young boy after fall while skiing.” Oral Presentation - ACSM Annual Meeting 2014, Orlando, FL.
Dr. Luis Guerrero's office locations
MedStar National Rehabilitation Network
MedStar NRH Irving Street
102 Irving St NW
Washington, DC 20010
MedStar National Rehabilitation Network
660 Pennsylvania Ave SE, Suite 100
Washington, DC 20003
Physiatrists by Location
Popular Insurances Accepted By Physiatrists
- Aetna Physiatrists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Physiatrists
- Cigna Physiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Physiatrists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Physiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Physiatrists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Physiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Physiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Physiatrists
- More Insurances