About Dr. Marc I. Surkin
Dr. Marc Surkin is a board certified otolaryngologist and specializes in otolaryngology – head and neck surgery, general otolaryngology – head and neck, and surgery for head and neck cancers. He is affiliated with Bryn Mawr Hospital, Delaware County Memorial Hospital and Paoli Memorial Hospital, and professional organizations including the American Medical Association, American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy, American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, the American College of Surgeons, and the Pennsylvania Medical Society. Dr. Surkin was recognized as a Top Doc by Philadelphia Magazine every year from 2013 to 2017. He was also named a Top Doctor by Main Line Today Magazine in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2017. Dr. Surkin received his undergraduate degree from Muhlenberg College in 1974 and his medical degree from Thomas Jefferson University in 1978. He completed his internship at Hartford Hospital and his residency at Mount Sinai Hospital. Dr. Surkin also received a Master of Business Administration from Saint Joseph’s University in 1997. Dr. Surkin is a member of Phi Beta Kappa and Alpha Omega Alpha and received Magna Cum Laude and Cum Laude distinctions upon graduation. In his spare time, Dr. Surkin enjoys tennis and bicycling. He also collects old spy cameras.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Bryn Mawr Hospital
- Delaware County Memorial Hospital
- Paoli Hospital
- American Board of Otolaryngology
Education and training
- Medical School - Thomas Jefferson University, Doctor of Medicine
- St. Joseph’s University (Bachelor's)
- Hartford Hospital (Internship)
- The Mount Sinai Hospital (Residency)
- American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy
- American Academy of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
Dr. Marc I. Surkin's office locations
Pinnacle ENT - Head & Neck Associates Division
301 West Chester Pike, Suite 101
Havertown, PA 19083
Pinnacle ENT - Head & Neck Associates Division
308 E Lancaster Ave, Suite 205
Wynnewood, PA 19096
Patient reviews for Dr. Marc I. Surkin
On point . Nice. Professional.
I felt he could have been a little more personable.
Office staff told me over the phone that Dr. Surkin treats oral thrush. Only after they bill me and I’m talking to Dr. Surkin do I find out, he has no clue what the word “Candida” even means.
They were really nice
Although the original doctor was unavailable I was instead sent to an associate physician and she was excellent
Dr. Surkin was very thorough, helping me find a medical problem I had for 6 months. After seeing many physicians, Dr. Surkin was the only one who took a proactive approach and was quick to resolve my issue. I've moved further from his office, but I will continue to drive to be seen by him. I highly recommend him to anyone. The office is very friendly and courteous.
He was very informative and understanding.
I've always liked Dr. Surkin. My husband, myself and one of my daughters has been using him for years. I hope he never retires. P.S. I was a little surprised/disappointed that they didn't have my previous records. Something about "Possibly being more than three years...before they changed over to the new computer system."
I read reviews that said every step was explained during their exam. I wish I had been warned that a tube was going into my nose, all the way down to my throat, and that it was going to hurt.
Very knowledgable and professional.
IN AND OUT
The office staff was very personable and kind. Dr. Surkin was patient and explained everything as he was completing the exam.
He was professional, thorough, patient and answered all of our questions. I was very pleased with our experience and felt he was extremely competent.
- Atlanta, GA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Austin, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Chicago, IL Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Dallas, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Denver, CO Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Houston, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Jersey City, NJ Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Los Angeles, CA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- New York, NY Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Philadelphia, PA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Phoenix, AZ Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- San Antonio, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- San Diego, CA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- San Francisco, CA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Washington, DC Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- More Locations
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Allergy Consultation
- Allergy Follow Up
- ENT Consultation
- ENT Follow Up
- ENT Oncology Consultation
- Hearing Problems / Ringing in Ears
- Sinus Problems / Sinusitis
- Thyroid Surgery
- Airway Stenosis
- Allergy Shots
- Cancer Screening
- Chronic Cough
- Delayed Speech
- More Procedures
- Aetna Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Cigna Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- UnitedHealthcare Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- More Insurances