Dr. Miriam Hanson, MD, FAAD
Welcome to Sanova Dermatology! We are a medical, cosmetic and surgical dermatology practice located in North Austin near the fashionable Domain shopping center. What is Sanova? Sanova is a combination of “Sano” which means healthy and “nova” which means new or rebirth. Just as the skin is in a constant state of renewal, so are we as individuals. As we all go through transitions in life, Sanova Dermatology is there to provide you with cutting edge care. Our mission is to provide comprehensive and innovative dermatology care delivered with a thoughtful approach and compassion. Our vision starts with our doctors. Dr. Hanson is an internationally recognized physician who is well-published and is active in the research community. Her interests include preventative skin health, women's health and cosmetic dermatology.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Saint David's North Austin Medical Center
- Saint David's Round Rock Medical Center
- American Board of Dermatology
Education and training
- Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Internship in Internal Medicine
- Medical School - Baylor College of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Chicago, Residency in Dermatology
- University of Texas, Southwestern, Residency in Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Austin Dermatologic Society
Awards and publications
- Hanson M, Hsu S. Pruritic papules on the chest and back. Am Fam Physician. 2006 Aug;74: 641-2.
- Hanson M, Lupski J, Hicks J, Metry D. Association of dermal melanocytosis with lysosomal storage disease: clinical features and hypotheses regarding pathogenesis. Arch Dermatol. 2003 Jul;139:916-20.
- Hill A, Hanson M, Bogle MA, Duvic M. Severe radiation dermatitis is related to Staphylococcus aureus. Am J Clin Oncol. 2004 Aug;27:361-3.
12319 N Mopac Expy, Building C, Ste 100
Austin, TX 78758