About Dr. Missale Solomon
"Great healthcare is a team effort and I believe clear and timely communication is key. I strive to provide the highest excellence in care to my patients by dedicating as much time and effort as needed to arrive at the right diagnosis, while providing support every step of the way." Dr. Missale Solomon is a gastroenterologist and provides consultation in the field of gastroenterology and hepatology. She is board certified in internal medicine. Dr. Solomon's specialization includes performing upper endoscopy and colonoscopy to diagnose and treat disorders of the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, and colon. Her special interests include clinical nutrition and small bowel disorders in addition to general gastrointestinal disorders.
- Allegiance Life and Health
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - Jimma University College of Public Health and Medical Sciences, Doctor of Medicine
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Fellowship in Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- American Gastroenterological Association
- Pennsylvania Society of Gastroenterology
- American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
Awards and publications
- Media-Delivered Bowel-Centered Mindfulness Meditation as an Adjuvant Therapy for Irritable Bowel Syndrome Endoeconomics, Winter 2014. Constantine Fisher MD, Olegg Grap MD, Missale Solomon MD
- Book Chapter: Small Intestinal Hormones and Neurotransmitters Blackwell Publishing; Practical Gastroenterology and Hepatology (Manuscript accepted for publication). Missale Solomon MD, James C. Reynolds MD
- What Is The Role of Nutrition Therapy in the Management of the Adult Cystic Fibrosis Patient? Current Nutrition Reports. Volume 4 Number 3 Volume 4, Issue 3, September 2015
Dr. Missale Solomon's office location
Digestive Disease Associates
700 Geipe Road, Suite 230
Catonsville, MD 21228
Patient reviews for Dr. Missale Solomon
Dr Solomon is a very humble, good listener and very knowledgable in her practice. I found a real Doctor who pays attention to what you say about your condition and try to look for a real solution. She real cares for the patient. I highly recommend her.
Very understanding and caring. She really seemed interested in what was best for me. Very thorough.
Very caring and determined to get to the root of the problem.
The wait was long due to the office being on a delay from bad weather. Everyone was extremely friendly and wanted to help. Dr Soloman explained a lot to me and answered any other questions I had
Doctor listened to my complaints. Communication between doctor and I was good,
Dr. Solomon was the first doctor to actually listen to me. I'd been to my PCP and another specialist, both of whom diagnosed me within 5 min and disregarded my family history. She didn't try to diagnose me right away but instead took the time to listen to what I had to say and then followed up with many questions before we even began to talk about what could be the problem. I also had my surgical procedure with her and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I finally got the correct diagnosis and I'm already starting to feel better. I would definitely recommend Dr. Solomon to anyone!
Sr Solomon spent 45 minutes with me and my husband to listen to my symptoms, what I have done to treat. She then examined me and made suggestions for my care. I felt heard by Dr Solomon and fund her to be genuinely interested in me. I would highly recommend her to anyone needing GI care.
Very friendly. Took time with elderly mom to listen to her and explain everything to do once she got home.
Dr. Solomon is always caring, friendly and helpful. I never feel rushed. She is thorough and willing to listen and answer all questions I ask her. Always a comfort to talk to her.
There was a little bit of a mix up that left me waiting over an hour after check in to be seen but when I brought it to their attention (and its partly my fault for waiting so long to say something) they saw me immediately and everyone I came in contact with apologized profusely. Dr. Soloman was absolutely fantastic! She did not rush even though she did not see me on schedule but took all the time needed to talk with me about all the issues I have been having and listen to me thoroughly. She was incredibly friendly and made me feel totally comfortable even talking about such a sensitive subject. She is definitely one of the nicest doctors I've ever had the pleasure to meet. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a gastroenterologist and her staff was great as well. They were all very nice and extremely good at their jobs. I have zero complaints, it was a wonderful experience.
I was so comfortable she explained everything I really thought she was great I was so relaxed
I can't say enough about Dr Solomon! She has a way about her that is comforting in itself. I never felt rushed, very good listener. I highly recommend her. She is helping me heal my stomach ulcers and control acid reflux. I felt instant relief knowing she is my doctor through this!
She was fantastic. I was nervous but she made me feel at ease.
Very nice and professional. Thorough in her examination and questioning. Takes time to listen. Love her!
Went above and beyond to assess the situation with out taking the easy route out and labeling a condition.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Gastroenterology Consultation
- Gastroenterology Follow Up
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux / Heartburn
- Biliary Tract Problem
- Black Stool / Melena
- Blood in Stool
- Celiac Disease
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Colonoscopy Consultation
- Crohn's Disease
- Digestive Problem
- Food Intolerance
- More Procedures
- Aetna Gastroenterologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Gastroenterologists
- Cigna Gastroenterologists
- UnitedHealthcare Gastroenterologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Gastroenterologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Gastroenterologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Gastroenterologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Gastroenterologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Gastroenterologists
- More Insurances