Dr. Mitchell Cohen, MD
Spine Specialist, Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Mitchell Cohen is an orthopaedic surgeon and spine specialist treating patients in Irvine, California, and the surrounding communities. His practice is entirely devoted to the treatment of spinal disorders, and Dr. Cohen holds certification from the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Cohen is also a member of professional organizations including the North American Spine Society and the American College of Spine Surgery. In order to pursue his medical degree, Dr. Cohen attended the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. He continued his medical education at the University of New Mexico Medical Center. Here, he completed an orthopaedic internship program and received residency training in orthopaedic surgery. Dr. Cohen has also completed a fellowship program in spine surgery at the Johns Hopkins Hospital. Patients visiting Dr. Cohen can receive a full range of orthopaedic services. He provides general consultations, minimally invasive spinal cord surgery, reconstructive spinal cord surgery, x-ray imaging, and evaluations for worker’s compensation and disability. Treatment is available for issues including spinal trauma, tumors, herniated disks, back pain, scoliosis, and degenerative diseases. In addition to his practice, Dr. Cohen has prepared articles for publications including The Journal of Spine Disorders and Thieme Medical Publishers, Inc.
- Advantage Health
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Spine Specialist
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
- Pacific Hospital of Long Beach
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education and training
- Medical School - Case Western Reserve University
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Fellowship in Spine Surgery
- University of New Mexico Medical Center, Internship in Orthopedics
- University of New Mexico Medical Center, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- American College of Spine Surgery
- North American Spine Society
Awards and publications
- Cohen, M.D.: McAfee,P.C.: "Biomechanical Efficiency of Spinal Systems in Thoracolumbar Fractures." Thoracolumbar Spine Fractures. AAOS Monograph series,1993.
- Cohen. M.G.; McAfee,P.C.: Kaneda Anterior Spinal Instrumentation, Chapter 24. "Spinal Fusion and Stabilization." Theime Medical Publisher, Inc. 1994
Mitchell Cohen, M.D.
4980 Barranca Parkway
Irvine, CA 92604
Mitchell Cohen, M.D.
11160 Warner Avenue, Suite 305
Fountain Valley, CA 92708