Dr. Navin Arora, DO, FAAD
Thank you for taking the time to view Dr. Arora’s profile. He feels strongly that your visit should be caring, informative and most importantly, not rushed. Dr. Arora is committed to providing individualized and compassionate care. He will to spend as much time as needed getting know his patients, their needs, their expectations and establish the correct diagnosis and derive a comprehensive treatment plan. In addition, patient education and close follow up are just as important as the treatment itself. Dr. Arora has undergone rigorous training and has extensive experience in a full range of non-invasive cosmetic procedures designed to rejuvenate and enhance your appearance. His focus has been on state-of-the-art laser and injectable cosmetic treatments. Throughout his academic and professional career, Dr. Arora authored numerous articles in medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology. He also serves on the board of directors for The Dermatologic Society of Greater New York. In addition to his private practice, he is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Dermatology at the Mt. Sinai Hospital, where he volunteers his time to teach and mentor dermatology residents. Over the years, he has enjoyed speaking at both national and international conferences, and has participated in numerous cosmetic and medical dermatologic clinical research studies. About Me: Dr. Navin Arora is a native New Yorker, raised on Long Island, and a board-certified Dermatologist. His specialization in both medical and cosmetic dermatology enables him to help many achieve the beautiful, healthy skin they desire. Dr. Arora understands the uniqueness of each patient's situation and adapts his consultations and comprehensive care appropriately to accommodate individual needs. He firmly believes that consultations should never be rushed, and all questions answered. Dr. Arora graduated from Muhlenberg College and earned his Doctor of Osteopathic medicine degree from the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine. Upon graduating medical school, Dr. Arora was commissioned in the United States Army Medical Corps. He then completed his internal medicine internship at Tripler Army Medical Center in Honolulu, followed by a Dermatology residency at the world-renowned Walter Reed Army Medical Center, where he served as chief resident. While at Walter Reed, Dr. Arora trained with renowned experts at the National Institutes of Health, along with experts in skin cancer, hair disorders, and aesthetic dermatology. Dr. Arora spent eleven years in the Army, on active duty. His final assignment was Chief of Dermatology at Tripler Army Medical center, the largest military hospital in the Asian and Pacific Rim region. Dr. Arora also completed tours in Sinai, Egypt, and Baghdad, Iraq.
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
- American Board of Dermatology
Education and training
- Medical School - New York Institute of Technology, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, Old Westbury, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Residency in Dermatology
- Tripler Army Medical Center, Internship in Internal Medicine
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
Awards and publications
- - Night of the living thrips: an unusual outbreak of Thysanoptera dermatitis. Carness JM, Winchester JC, Oras MJ, Arora NS. Cutis. 2016 Mar;97(3):E13-E16.
- - A scaly eruption on the body. Kwan J, Hoverson K, Arora NS. Int J Dermatol. 2016 Jan;55(1):e4-6.
- - Buschke-Ollendorff syndrome presenting as a painful nodule. Schaffenburg WC, Fernelius C, Arora NS. JAAD Case Reports 2015;1:77-9
Cosmetique Dermatology, Laser & Plastic Surgery
31 Northern Blvd
Greenvale, NY 11548