Dr. Ofer Jacobowitz, MD, PhD
Head & Neck Surgeon, Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor, Sleep Medicine Specialist
***WHEN BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT PLEASE BE CHOOSE THE MOST SPECIFIC VISIT REASON AS POSSIBLE SO DR. JACOBOWITZ CAN APPROPRIATELY PREPARE FOR YOUR OFFICE VISIT*** Dr Jacobowitz is a nationally and internationally recognized leader in the medical and surgical treatment of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea. He is dedicated to providing personalized, comprehensive treatment of obstructive sleep apnea, from non or minimally-invasive options such as the Pillar Procedure, Oral appliances and CPAP to advanced airway reconstructive surgery and implantable hypoglossal neurostimulation. He is dual board-certified in otolaryngology- Head & Neck Surgery and Sleep Medicine and is highly skilled at assessing and treating the anatomical aspects of sleep apnea and spectrum of sleep disorders. Dr Jacobowitz provides caring, state-of –the-art treatment to adults and children in order to improve their quality of life, function and reduce the medical risks of sleep apnea. Dr Jacobowitz is a national and international speaker and course director on sleep apnea and has presented in academic venues in the US and throughout the world. He has authored original research articles, book chapters in prestigious scientific journals. He is a renowned researcher in implantable hypoglossal neurostimulation, an experimental novel therapeutic option for obstructive sleep apnea. He is enrolling patients in the THN3 pivotal FDA study for Implantable hypoglossal neurostimulation therapy. He also specializes in nasal disorders and sinusitis, performing advanced sinus surgery, image-guided surgery and in office balloon sinus procedures. He is the Primary Investigator for Aerin Medical's minimally-invasive, in office treatment of nasal obstruction.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Sleep Medicine Specialist
- Head & Neck Surgeon
- Orange Regional Medical Center - Horton Campus
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
- The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- Sleep Medicine (Otolaryngology)
Education and training
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, PhD in Pharmacology
- Medical School - Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Doctor of Medicine
- The Mount Sinai Hospital, Internship in Surgery
- The Mount Sinai Hospital, Residency in Otolaryngology
- World Sleep Society
- American Rhinologic Society
- International Surgical Sleep Society
Awards and publications
- Zaidi, F., Meadows , P., Jacobowitz, O., Davidson, T., (2013) Tongue Anatomy and Physiology, the Scientific Basic for a Novel Targeted Neurostimulation System Designed for the Treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Neuromodulation. 16:376-86.
- Jacobowitz, O and Mickelson S. (2010) Perioperative management of patients with sleep-disordered breathing in Sleep Medicine. Eds. P. Wardrop and K. Yaremchuk, Plural publishing
- Strollo, P.J., Badr, S., Coppola, M.P., Fleishman, S.A., Jacobowitz, O, Kushida, C.A. (2011) The Future of Sleep Medicine. Sleep 34: 1613-1619.
ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP
18 East 48th St, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10017