Dr. Phil Calenda, MD
Dr. Phil Calenda is one of the most accomplished ophthalmologists and LASIK surgeons in the New York City area. He has performed over 9,000 LASIK procedures, and has served as a Medical & Surgical Director for numerous LASIK centers. As a director, Dr. Calenda trained technicians and optometrists in providing the best possible care to his LASIK patients. Dr. Calenda continues to teach ophthalmologists-in-training at New York Eye & Ear Infirmary, where he serves as a member of the Ocular Trauma Service.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Hudson Valley Hospital Center
- The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary
- American Board of Ophthalmology
Education and training
- Medical School - State University of New York, Stony Brook
- St. Vincent's Hospital (Residency)
- St. Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center, Residency in Ophthalmology
- Alpha Epsilon Delta Health Preprofessional Honor Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
Awards and publications
- Abstract: Calenda P, et al. Localized and Systematic AL Amyloidosis. Arthritis and Rheumatism Vol. 37, No. 9 (Suppl.): S272. Presented at the American College of Rheumatology 58th National Scientific Meeting Oct. 94
- Calenda, P Jain, P Smith I Utilization of Echocardiography by Internists and Cardiologists: A Comparative Study AM J Med 1996; 101 : 584-591