About Dr. Punnaiah Marella
Skilled with the intricacies of primary care, Dr. Punnaiah Marella attended Osmania Medical College, where he completed his medical degree as well as an internship. He further completed a residency in internal medicine at Michigan State University, Hurley Medical Center. His sound medical knowledge and passion towards his work are commendable and make him a valued asset at the practice. Fluent in English and Telegu, Dr. Marella looks after the diverse population of Phoenix, AZ. He brings extensive experience to his role at Phoenix Internal Medicine, where he always provides comprehensive care to his patients and emphasizes preventative care for all. In addition to pursuing his clinical career, Dr. Marella has published articles and book chapters that focus on various topics in primary care. He also holds certification from the American Board of Internal Medicine. A dedicated provider, he invests in educating visiting individuals about their health and how they can make changes in their daily life to ensure healthy living.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- Primary Care Doctor
- Banner Estrella Medical Center
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Education and training
- Medical School - Osmania Medical College, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Osmania Medical College (Internship)
Awards and publications
- Resident of the Quarter Award in December 2004, Hurley Medical Center.
- Willys F. Mueller award by Transitional year residents for 2005-2006 for teaching and exemplifying leadership.
- Certificate of Appreciation awarded by Hurley Research Center as the Sub-Investigator for the conduct of a clinical trial in Hurley Medical Center in 2006.
- Best Physician of the year 2010. Awarded by physicians survey. Banner Estrella Medical Center.
- Third Prize, Oral Presentation. “Malpractice claims of resident physicians in the United States. Michigan Chapter ACP 2012 Associates Day Meeting; May 11, 012; Dearborn, Michigan.
Dr. Punnaiah Marella's office location
Phoenix Internal Medicine
9515 W Camelback Rd, Suite 114
Phoenix, AZ 85037
Patient reviews for Dr. Punnaiah Marella
Very professional and made me feel very comfortable.
Courteous, on time, professional. Staff is good highly recommend the office.
The doctor was extremely thorough.
Takes the time to explain everything.
I look at Dr. Marella as my life savior. We have been working on my health for the past year and I am happy with our progress.
Good friendly staff.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- More Specialties
- Cardiology Follow Up
- Endocrinology Consultation
- Endocrinology Follow Up
- Foot Consultation
- Foot Follow Up
- Neurology Consultation
- Neurology Follow Up
- Neurosurgery Consultation
- Oncology Follow Up
- Orthopedic Follow Up
- Surgery Consultation
- Urology Follow Up
- Nose Problems
- Abdominal Cramps
- More Procedures
- Aetna Doctors
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Doctors
- Cigna Doctors
- UnitedHealthcare Doctors
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Doctors
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Doctors
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Doctors
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Doctors
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Doctors
- More Insurances