Dr. Rasa Zarnegar, MD
Surgeon, Endocrine Surgeon
Rasa Zarnegar is a caring and diligent surgeon serving the community of New York, NY. Dr. Zarnegar attended the Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, where he received his medical degree, and completed his residency in general surgery at Case Western Reserve University. He continued his training by completing his fellowships in endocrine surgery and minimally invasive foregut surgery at the University of California, San Francisco. Dr. Zarnegar is a part of General Surgery at NYP/Lower Manhattan. He is board certified by the American Board of Surgery. Dr. Zarnegar is a member of the Society of Surgical Oncology, the Surgical Society of the Alimentary Tract, and the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons. Dr. Zarnegar’s medical experience is vast and impressive. His areas of special interest include thyroid/parathyroid/adrenal and GI neuroendocrine disease and benign and malignant foregut disease. Because Dr. Zarnegar is bilingual in English and Farsi, patients from a variety of backgrounds enjoy having him as their physician. He received the best resident research award and he was recognized by Castle Connolly as one of the Top Doctor in NY Metro Area. Dr. Zarnegar gives each patient his focused attention, and he prides himself on delivering the best treatment available.
- Endocrine Surgeon
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- American Board of Surgery
Education and training
- Medical School - Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Doctor of Medicine
- Case Western Reserve University, Residency in General Surgery
- University of California, San Francisco, Fellowship in Endocrine Surgery
- University of California, San Francisco, Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Foregut Surgery
- Society of Surgical Oncology
- Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
Awards and publications
- In 2012, Dr. Zarnegar was named "Top Doctor in NY Metro Area" by Castle Connolly.
- Recognized by New York Magazine in 2014 and 2016 as one of New York's "Best Doctors.
WCM- Minimally Invasive and Endocrine Surgery
520 East 70th Street, Starr 8
New York, NY 10021