Dr. Rebecca Tharaud, MD
Family Physician, Primary Care Doctor
**Please note, our office has a 24 hour cancellation policy: if you cancel your appointment through ZocDoc less than 24 hours before the scheduled time it is considered a No-Show, and we will require that you call our office to book and cancel all future appointments.** Dr. Rebecca Tharaud is a mindful and concerned family physician serving the community of Somerville, MA. Dr. Tharaud attended the University of Chicago, where she received her medical degree, and completed her residency in family medicine at MacNeal Hospital. She also holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Chicago. Dr. Tharaud is a part of Tufts MC Community Care-Ball Square and is board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine. During her consultations, Dr. Tharaud fully explains patients’ conditions and helps them choose an appropriate treatment plan. Dr. Tharaud is devoted to ensuring the longevity of her patients’ health and developing long-lasting relationships with them. She takes her time to understand symptoms and give correct diagnoses to ensure the continued health of all her patients.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- BMC HealthNet Plan
- Family Physician
- Primary Care Doctor
- American Board of Family Medicine
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Chicago
- MacNeal Hospital, Residency in Family Medicine
- University of Chicago (Bachelor’s)
Awards and publications
- "Factors contributing to the completion of advance directives by Older outpatients.” Family Medicine Resident Research Project, MacNeal Hospital (June 2009—June 2011)
- K. Keenan, R. Sheffield (Tharaud), and D_ Boeldt. September 2007 _ "Are prenatal psychological or physical stressors associated with suboptimal outcomes in neonates born to adolescent mothers?" Early Human Development 83(9):623-7.
- S. Hirsch and R. Sheffield (Tharaud). January 2007. 'Coping with a child's conduct disorder." Virtual Mentor 8:654-8.
- C.R Hagan, R.F. Sheffield (Tharaud), and c_M_ Rudim November 2003. "Human Alu element retrotransposition induced by genotoxic stress." Nature Genetics 35(3):219-20.
Tufts MC Community Care-Ball Square
Somerville, MA 02145