Dr. Sam Nasser, MD
Dr. Sam Nasser is a concerned and caring Orthopaedic Surgeon serving the community of Troy, MI. Dr. Nasser attended Wayne State University, where he completed his bachelor's in biomedical research. He received his medical degree from Wayne State University and also completed his internship in general surgery and residency in orthopedic surgery from the same institute.Because of a strong interest in adult reconstructive surgery, he pursued additional training as a National Institutes of Health surgeon-scientist fellow, followed by a second year of fellowship in orthopaedic research at the University of California Los Angeles. During that second year of fellowship his work was honored with the prestigious Sir John Charnley Award for his research on the titanium alloys used in joint replacement surgery. Dr. Nasser is a part of DMC Sports Medicine. He is board certified in orthopedic surgery by the The American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. Outside of his practice, Dr. Nasser enjoys cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and, bicycling.He treats his patients like family members. Dr. Nasser is uncompromising in his dedication to the well-being of his patients. He is committed to giving the best care and establishing long-lasting relationships with them. He is dedicated to helping patients receive the treatment they need so they can enjoy a positive and fulfilling lifestyle.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- DMC Care
- Orthopedic Surgeon
Education and training
- Medical School - Wayne State University, Doctor of Medicine
- Wayne State University, Internship in General Surgery
- Wayne State University, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
Awards and publications
- Dr. Nasser graduated with honors in biomedical research from the Wayne State University School of Medicine.
- During that second year of fellowship his work was honored with the prestigious Sir John Charnley Award for his research on the titanium alloys used in joint replacement surgery.
DMC Sports Medicine
DMC Sports Medicine Troy
201 W. Big Beaver Rd, Suite 1060
Troy, MI 48084