Dr. Samindi Gunasekara, MD
Internist, Primary Care Doctor
Dr. Samindi Gunasekara is a trusted and reputable internist and primary care doctor serving the community of Westchester, IL. Dr. Gunasekara earned her medical degree from the University of Kelaniya Faculty of Medicine in Sri Lanka. She then moved to the United States, where she completed her residency in internal medicine at Mercy Hospital & Medical Center and another residency in family medicine at Jackson Park Hospital and Medical Center. Dr. Gunasekara is a part of Chicago Health Medical Group. She is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine. She is a member of the American College of Physicians and the Sri Lanka Medical Council. During her consultations, Dr. Gunasekara fully explains patients’ conditions and helps them choose an appropriate treatment plan. She treats a range of conditions, and she is eager to help the wider community receive the care they deserve.
- Assurant Health
- Primary Care Doctor
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Kelaniya Faculty of Medicine, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Mercy Hospital & Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Jackson Park Hospital and Medical Center, Residency in Family Medicine
- District Base Hospital, Kuliyapitiya (Internship)
- American College of Physicians
- Sri Lanka Medical Council
Awards and publications
- Gunasekara, S. Vivek,V., Chan, M., Sheth, N., Tamlyn, T., Jones, J. Anatomical Variant Leading To Extensive Left Iliofemoral System Deep Vein Thrombosis. Poster presentation, ACP Conference 2012.
- Naitic S, Gunasekara S. Painless Hematuria, Poster presentation ACP conference, 2012.