Dr. Sandra Levine, MD
In the mid-1980's, after several years in academic medicine as a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, I left research, teaching and administrative work behind to enter private practice as a generalist in obstetrics and gynecology. I decided what I liked most and what I did best was direct patient care. My many years in private practice since then have been extremely gratifying with many memorable moments and many enduring relationships. Two years ago, I made the more difficult decision to stop practicing obstetrics. Although I no longer do deliveries, I still see patients for preconception care, basic fertility assessment, and early obstetric ultrasound. Recent advances in women's health have provided gynecologists with a better understanding of preventive care, new medicines, new techniques ,and many new treatment options. As I continue in the practice of general gynecology, I am pleased that now, more than ever, it is possible to individualize care and to meet the specific needs and concerns of each patient.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- California Pacific Medical Center - Pacific Campus
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Education and training
- Medical School - Yale University, Doctor of Medicine
- The Mount Sinai Hospital (Residency)
- University of California San Francisco Medical Center, Fellowship in Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Medical Association
Awards and publications
- 2008 Patients' Choice Award
Associates in Obstetrics and Gynecology
2100 Webster Street, Suite 427
San Francisco, CA 94115