Dr. Sanjeev Agarwal, MD
Physiatrist, Pain Management Specialist
Sanjeev Agarwal is a diligent and engaged physiatrist and pain management specialist based in Brooklyn and Scarsdale, NY. Dr. Agarwal earned his medical degree from King George's Medical University in India. He also completed his residency in orthopedics and received his master’s degree in orthopedic surgery at the same institution. He received another master’s degree in trauma and orthopedic surgery from the University of Dundee School of Medicine in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. He then moved to the United States to complete his internship in internal medicine at Flushing Hospital Medical Center, Flushing. He completed his residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation at Nassau University Medical Center, East Meadow. He then completed a fellowship in pain management at the University of Cincinnati. He is affiliated with Lawrence Hospital Center and the University Hospital of Brooklyn and NYP-Lawrence Hospital, Bronxville, NY . He is board certified in Pain medicine, Sports medicine and Hospice and Palliative care by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. He is a member of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Patients see Dr. Agarwal for a variety of reasons, including back and neck problems, knee/hip arthritis, muscle pain, and ongoing pain after Spine surgery. Dr. Agarwal is committed to helping his patients enjoy a healthier lifestyle. He works with each one to discuss ways they can make better choices for their health. Dr. Agarwal has been listed by Castle Connolly as NY Metro area Best Doctor and NY Magazine Top Doctor since 2014.
- Pain Management Specialist
- Lawrence Hospital Center
- University Hospital of Brooklyn
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Hospice and Palliative Care (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation)
- Pain Medicine (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation)
- Sports Medicine (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation)
Education and training
- Medical School - King George's Medical University, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Nassau University Medical Center, East Meadow, Residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- University of Cincinnati, Fellowship in Pain Management
- King George's Medical University, Lucknow, Residency in Orthopedics
- Flushing Hospital Medical Center, Flushing, Internship in Internal Medicine
- King George's Medical University, Master's in Orthopedic Surgery
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Spine Intervention Society
Awards and publications
- 1. Rubenstein R; Wang K K; Chiu A; Grinkina N; Deep R Sharma D R; Agarwal S; Lin F; Yang Z. PrPC Expression and Calpain Activity Independently Mediate the Effects of Closed Head Injury in Mice. Accepted for publication in Behavioural Brain Research, April 2016.
- 2. Lee D, Ginsberg A, Mensch J, Agarwal S: Orthostatic Hypotension-induced Autonomic Dysreflexia. British Journal of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, August 2010: 10-13.
- 3. Agarwal S, Zweikoft S, Enany N, Munir MA: Fluoroscopic Imaging of Epidural Intravascular Contrast Spread in a Cadaveric Specimen. Spine J. 2008 Mar-Apr;8(2):408-9.
760 Parkside Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11226
9413 Flatlands Avenue, Suite 102 E
Brooklyn, NY 11236