Dr. Scott Hammerman, MD
Scott Hammerman is a board certified dermatologist serving his patients in New York City. Dr. Hammerman is certified by both by the American Board of Dermatology and the American Board of Internal Medicine, having completed a residency in dermatology and internal medicine. Dr. Hammerman received his medical education from Chicago Medical School and did his dermatology residency at Boston University School of Medicine, where he was prestigiously named chief resident. Dr. Hammerman treats his patients for a variety of skin conditions, including both medical and cosmetic. Dr. Hammerman is currently conducting research regarding wound healing and psoriasis.
- American Board of Dermatology
Education and training
- Medical School - Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Doctor of Medicine
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Boston University, Residency in Dermatology
- Northwestern University, Fellowship in Dermatology
- University of Michigan (Bachelor’s)
Awards and publications
- Panuncialman J, Hammerman S, Carson P, Falanga V. Wound edge biopsy sites in chronic wounds heal rapidly and do not result in delayed overall healing of the wounds. Wound Repair and Regeneration. Jan-Feb (2010) 18, 21-25.
- Bauer K, Hammerman S, Rapaport B, Lacouture M.E.. Completeness in the Reporting of Dermatologic Adverse Drug Reactions Associated with Monoclonal Antibody Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Inhibitors in Phase II and III Colorectal Cancer Clinical Trials. Clinical Colorectal Cancer. Vol 7, No.5, 309-314, 2008.
- Anderson HF, Hammerman S, Iwamoto S. Stem Cells and Cutaneous Surgery: A review (In progress)
- Iwamoto S, Lin X, Kobrin K, Hammerman S, Falanga V. Stem Cells and Wound Healing. (In progress)
- Hammerman S., P. Carson, Panuncialman J, Herring D, Falanga V. Compression Regimen for Venous Leg Ulcer Patients Requiring Frequent Dressing Changes. Wound Rep Reg (2009) 17. A47.
Schweiger Dermatology Group
21 W 19th St
New York, NY 10011