Selena M. Vela, PAC
Selena M. Vela was born and raised in San Antonio, Texas. She has worked in both family practice and internal medicine. She has worked in the bariatric/general surgery specialty since 2008 and has extensive training in surgical and non-surgical medical weight loss. She evaluates and treats pre-operative and post-operative patients. In addition, she treats patients who prefer a non-surgical approach. She cares for overweight, obese, and morbidly obese patients to maximize their success. She feels honored that she is able to help patients achieve their goal and privileged to encourage and follow her patients throughout their weight loss journey. Ms. Vela enjoys benefiting the community by providing the highest standard of health care to help improve the health and well-being of her patients. She is currently a member of the Bexar County Physician Assistant Society, the Texas Academy of Physician Assistants, and the American Academy of Physician Assistants. She is certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Physician Assistant
- Northeast Baptist Hospital
Education and training
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (Bachelor's)
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, Master's in Physician Assistant Studies
- University of Texas, San Antonio (Bachelor's)
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Bexar County Physician Assistant Society
- Texas Academy of Physician Assistants
Comprehensive Center for Weight Loss
8811 Village Drive, Suite 100
San Antonio, TX 78217