Shelley Fox, DNP, FNP
Shelley Fox is a board certified Nurse Practitioner with her Doctorate of Nursing Practice, who specializes in all areas of adult and pediatric medical dermatology, cosmetic dermatology and laser surgery. She has dual bachelor’s degrees from the University of Florida in nursing and in exercise and sport sciences, where she graduated Cum Laude. Shelley received both her Masters in Nursing and Doctorate of Nursing Practice at Columbia University with a specialty in dermatology and emergency medicine. Along with many honors, Dr. Fox’s publications detail treatments for Asthma in the Pediatric Population to highly specialized publications on the Treatment of Epidermaldysplasia Verruciformis. Dr. Fox also acts as a clinical instructor to nurse practitioner students at Columbia University and provides mentorship opportunities in dermatology to these students. She is well known for her kind, warm bed-side manner and ability to treat and educate patients in a compassionate manner. During her specialized nursing training in dermatology and years of practicing dermatology in New York City, Dr. Fox has developed expertise in treating patients of all ages with a focus on acne, rosacea, warts, and eczema. Additionally, Dr. Fox has extensive experience treating patients with skin of color and is also fluent in Spanish. Dr. Fox has extensive training and experience in performing Botox, fillers, various lasers including laser hair removal, and chemical peels. In addition to providing the best and most current dermatologic care, her goal is to provide optimal results for patients who are looking for healthier more youthful skin. In her free time, Dr. Fox enjoys traveling, playing tennis, and taking her rescue dog Sperry for long walks in Central Park.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Nurse Practitioner
Education and training
- Columbia University, Doctorate in Nursing
- Columbia University, Master’s in Nursing
- University of Florida (Bachelor's)
Awards and publications
- Fox, S. & Elston, D. (2013). Epidermodysplasia verruiciformis in a seven-year-old Hispanic male: a case report. Cutis. (Pending publication).
- Massingham, K., Fox, S., Smaldone, A. (2013). Asthma therapy in pediatric patients: A systematic review of treatment with montelukast versus inhaled corticosteroids. Journal of Pediatric Health Care, Available online 8 January 2013.
Upper West Side Dermatology
277 West End Avenue, Suite 1B
New York, NY 10023