Dr. Shiu-Chung Au, MD
Certified by the American Academy of Dermatology, Dr. Shiu-Chung Au caters to the community of Boston, MA. He attended the State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, where he received his medical degree. Further, he completed a residency in Dermatology at Tufts Medical Center. As a dermatologist, Dr. Au brings extensive experience to his role at Tufts Medical Center - Dermatology. He combines his dermatologic skills to achieve skin health, and help restore a natural look of beauty, in an individualized manner for every patient. He understands the needs of his patients and treats every person with the compassion, respect, and attention they deserve. A zealous researcher, Dr. Au has published various studies in his field of specialization. He is also the recipient of the National Psoriasis Foundation Research Fellowship Award. A hard-working and friendly provider, his philosophy for skin care is simple: it should be easy, intelligent, and safe, and help you feel great not only on the outside but the inside as well.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Education and training
- Medical School - State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, Doctor of Medicine
- Tufts Medical Center, Residency in Dermatology
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Master's in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Bachelor's)
- American Academy of Dermatology
Awards and publications
- 2011, National Psoriasis Foundation Research Fellowship Award
- Buzney CD, Peterman C, Saraiya A, Au SC, Dumont N, Mansfield R, Gottlieb AB. Clearance of psoriasis: the impact of private versus public insurance. J Drugs Dermatol. 2015 Feb 14(2):119-25. PMID: 25689806.
- Au SC, Kim N, Goldminz AM, Alkofide MA, Gottlieb AB. (2014). Psoriatic Arthritis: Clinical Review and Update. In J Weinberg & M Lebwohl (Eds), Advances in Psoriasis: A Multisystemic Guide. (pp. 39-62) New York, NY: Springer.
- Levin AA, Aleissa S, Dumont N, Martinez F, Donovan C, Au SC, Hasanain A, Gottlieb AB. A Randomized, Prospective, Sham-Controlled Study of Localized Narrow-Band UVB Phototherapy in the Treatment of Plaque Psoriasis. J Drugs Dermatol. 2014 Aug 1;13(8):922-6. PMID: 25116969.
- Levin AA, Gottlieb AB, Au SC. A comparison of psoriasis drug failure rates and reasons for discontinuation in biologics vs conventional systemic therapies. J Drugs Dermatol. 2014 Jul;13(7):848-53. PMID: 25007369.
Tufts Medical Center - Dermatology
Tufts Medical Center
260 Tremont St, 14th Floor
Boston, MA 02116