Dr. Sonia Gibson, MD
*IMPORTANT* If you are a NEW patient or haven't seen us in 3 years (or longer), please select that you haven't seen the doctor before when booking. This will ensure you get enough time with the doctor! Sonia Gibson is a warm and friendly endocrinologist serving her patients through the Tenet Florida Physicians at their Boca Raton office; she is affiliated with the West Boca Medical Center. Dr. Gibson is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and a member of the American College of Physicians and the Endocrine Society. Dr. Gibson has been practicing medicine since 2008, and she began her medical education at the Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara in Jalisco, Mexico. She then relocated to Michigan to attend Wayne State University to complete her internal medicine internship and residency. Afterward, Dr. Gibson completed her fellowship at the same institution in endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism. Her clinical areas of interest are diabetes and metabolism, thyroid, osteoporosis and bone disorders, and general endocrinology. In her spare time, Dr. Gibson enjoys cooking, traveling, and spending time with her family.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- West Boca Medical Center
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara Facultad de Medicina
- Wayne State University, Detroit Medical Center, Fellowship in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Wayne State University, Detroit Medical Center, Internship in Internal Medicine
- Wayne State University, Detroit Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- Endocrine Society
Awards and publications
- Distribution of HIV-1 infection in different T lymphocyte subsets: antiretroviral therapy-naïve vs. experienced patients.
- Pseudotumor Cerebri in a Patient with Graves Disease, Is There an Association?
Tenet Florida Physician Services
9960 Central Park Blvd N, Suite 150
Boca Raton, FL 33428