About Dr. Steven Sloan
Welcome to the San Francisco ENT practice of Dr. Steven H. Sloan. We hope you’ll join thousands of Bay Area children and adults whom he has cared for in the past 25 years. Whether you're bothered by allergies, snoring, sinus or ear infections, hearing loss or a hoarse voice, please contact us and let us know how we can help. My practice philosophy is simple – I take a genuine interest in you and your health, offer expert diagnosis and education, partner with you and offer treatment options and provide caring, advocacy and close follow-up. We strive to serve our diverse and multicultural community with empathy, accessibility and dedication, and provide a superior patient experience. Steven H. Sloan, M.D., is a board certified ENT Physician/ Head and Neck Surgeon in private practice in San Francisco, California. Originally from Cleveland, Ohio, he studied at Miami University, Medical College of Ohio in Toledo, and completed six years of internship and residency at UCLA Medical Center. In 1994 he completed a fellowship in Head and Neck Reconstructive Surgery at Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York. He became an Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery at UCSF Medical School in 1994. He started in private practice in 1996 and rapidly developed a loyal following and reputation for thorough and compassionate care, accessibility and superior results. He is Chief of the Otolaryngology Service at St. Mary's Medical Center and is on the active staff at California Pacific Med Center. He is a consultant to the San Francisco Giants, the San Francisco Opera and the SF Conservatory of Music. He lives in Marin County with his wife Rhona and their 3 teenage children, and enjoys skiing, surfing, music, and classic cars.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- California Pacific Medical Center - Pacific Campus
- American Board of Otolaryngology
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Toledo, Doctor of Medicine
- Miami University (Bachelor’s)
- University of California, Los Angeles, Residency in Otolaryngology - Head and Neck
- Mount Sinai Medical Center, Fellowship in Facial Plastic and Microvascular Head and Neck Reconstruction
Dr. Steven Sloan's office location
Steven Sloan, MD
1 Shrader St, # 578
San Francisco, CA 94117
Patient reviews for Dr. Steven Sloan
We went to see Dr. Sloan because my husband had some kind of ear infection. Dr. Sloan is a great doctor. He analyzed everything really nicely, asked the right questions and later also gave advice about how to avoid the same issues in future.
Very friendly, personable doctor. His waiting room and offices are small, and he seems to be a popular, in-demand doctor, so be patient (no pun intended!). I waited about 20 minutes beyond my appointment time, which is definitely reasonable.
The doctor was very knowledgeable and professional. I would recommend him to my husband and friends.
He is excellent! Within a minute I knew I was in good hands. Super nice guy.
He is a wonderful, caring doctor whose accessibility is greatly appreciated.
He was excellent - attentive, professional, thorough. Would certainly recommend.
I really like Dr. Sloan but the waits are ridiculous. They have never once taken me on time and the office staff doesn't inform you of the delay unless you ask.
It was good. he cleaned out the earwax with micro suction. I thought it was great.
Great doctor, highly knowledgeable and with good bedside manners. Highly recommend.
I had my first appointment with Dr. Sloan. I was impressed with his thorough, direct communication and inquiries on my symptoms and background. He listened to my concerns and game up with a swift course of action and useful advice. I felt very confident leaving his office.
Doctor Sloan was patient, action oriented and answered all of my questions. He made his email available in case I had any follow-up questions as well.
Doctor Steven Sloan is very friendly and professional.
From reception to interaction with Dr. Sloan, just a great experience. Dr. Sloan is a doctor I would definitely recommend. He listens, he responds, he is excellent.
- Atlanta, GA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Austin, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Chicago, IL Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Dallas, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Denver, CO Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Houston, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Jersey City, NJ Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Los Angeles, CA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- New York, NY Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Philadelphia, PA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Phoenix, AZ Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- San Antonio, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- San Diego, CA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- San Francisco, CA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Washington, DC Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- More Locations
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Allergy Consultation
- Allergy Follow Up
- ENT Consultation
- ENT Follow Up
- ENT Oncology Consultation
- Hearing Problems / Ringing in Ears
- Sinus Problems / Sinusitis
- Thyroid Surgery
- Airway Stenosis
- Allergy Shots
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
- Cancer Screening
- Chronic Cough
- Delayed Speech
- More Procedures
- Aetna Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Cigna Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- UnitedHealthcare Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- More Insurances