Dr. T. Sloane Guy, MD
Dr. T. Sloane Guy is a caring and dependable cardiothoracic surgeon serving the community of New York, NY. Also he does a wide range of cardiac surgery, he specializes in the treatment of mitral valve disease, particularly with totally endoscopic robotic techniques. Dr. Guy earned both an MBA in Healthcare Administration from the Wharton School of Business and his M.D. from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine in 1994. At Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Dr. Guy completed his general surgery internship before becoming a general medical officer and commander of a U.S. Army family practice clinic in Germany for 2 years. From there he returned to Penn where he completed his general surgery residency and cardiothoracic surgery research and clinical fellowships. Dr. T. Sloane Guy is part of the Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery and is affiliated with New York-Presbyterian Hospital|Weill Cornell Medicine in NY. He is board certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Thoracic Surgery. Dr. T. Sloane Guy exhibits his passion for cardiothoracic surgeon in the care and precision he takes with his patients.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Cardiothoracic Surgeon
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery
Education and training
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Internship in General Surgery
- Wake Forest University (Bachelor’s)
- University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School (Master’s)
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Residency in General Surgery
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Fellowship in Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Medical School - University of Pennsylvania, Doctor of Medicine
Awards and publications
- 2001 Resident Research Award, Pennsylvania Thoracic Surgery Society.
- 1989 Walter Flory Award in Biology, Wake Forest University.
- 1999 Keith Reemtsma Surgical Resident of the Year, University of Pennsylvania.
- 2012-present US News & World Report Top Doc.
- 2002 US Surgical Surgical Resident Scholar Award, University of Pennsylvania.
Weill Cornell Medicine
525 East 68th Street, M-404
New York, NY 10065