At The Happiness Psychiatrist, our philosophy centers around treating the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit. We believe that the judicious use of
psychopharmacology (using psychiatric medications to treat mental disorders), coupled with psychotherapy (talk therapy), and other alternative treatments (such as meditation, yoga, and walking therapy), can bring about transformative changes in the lives of those suffering from depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and other common mental conditions and life issues.
In our current fast-paced culture of high-stress and hard work, where we’re constantly scrambling to compete, climb the career ladder, juggle the demands of work and family, and maintain our mental health and sanity all at the same time, it is vitally important that we take time out for ourselves on a regular basis to check in with our own personal needs and desires. While it’s true that mental disorders such as depression and anxiety have strong genetic underpinnings that may be out of our control, it is equally true that our ways of thinking and looking at the world, as well as our individual daily behaviors, contribute significantly to our overall levels of well-being.
At The Happiness Psychiatrist, we believe that happiness is a state of mind that takes practice, effort, and vigilance and that it is within everyone’s reach if we are willing to put in the time and effort for authentic self-reflection and personal growth. To this end, Dr. Ambardar’s unique integrative and holistic treatment method blends Eastern and Western philosophies for the optimal benefit of her patients. She uses psychiatric medications in conjunction with an eclectic blend of psychotherapeutic modalities including psychodynamic or insight-oriented therapy, mindfulness-based therapy, interpersonal therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, journal therapy, walking therapy, meditation, and kundalini yoga.
If you are finally ready to:
• understand the underlying and deep-seated reasons for your unhelpful behaviors
• transform your life from the inside-out and no longer feel fear, sadness, and pain
• stop feeling trapped and stuck by seemingly unchangeable life circumstances
• heal the past, live mindfully in the present, and reach your highest potential
• have healthy, loving, and mutually rewarding personal relationships
• confidently pursue your dreams and live the life you were born to live
• and experience true happiness, peace, joy and contentment…
then our services at The Happiness Psychiatrist are right for you.