About Amanda Lorenz
Welcome! Dr. Amanda Lorenz empowers female clients to live the best life possible, helping them to overcome psychological or behavioral obstacles that may be in their way. She also assists women and their partners in premarital counseling and relationship improvement. Dr. Lorenz specializes in treating trauma, addictions, anxiety, and depression. She also works well with individuals with diverse cultural, racial, sexual/gender, and religious identities. Dr. Lorenz provides supervision, training, and therapy for medical and mental health providers. Dr. Lorenz received her doctorate in clinical psychology at the University of Wisconsin. She has conducted individual, couples, family, and group therapy with adults, adolescents, and children in private practices, veteran's hospitals, training-clinics, psychiatric hospitals, and jails. She is a passionate researcher, with authorial credits in numerous esteemed publications and books. Dr. Lorenz is a dedicated psychologist who carefully listens to her patients and provides guidance and support to help them better their lives. She utilizes effective therapies including CBT, DBT, and Relapse Prevention focusing not just on the symptoms but also on the overall well-being of her clients. Dr. Lorenz will send you a confirmation email upon booking an appointment which outlines the office policies, office information, and an opportunity to verify your insurance prior to your session. "Please note our missed session policy. If you need to cancel an appointment, please cancel at least 24 hours prior to your appointment time to avoid the missed session fee."
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield
Education and training
- University of Wisconsin, PhD in Clinical Psychology
- University of Wisconsin, Master's in Clinical Psychology
- University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign (Bachelor's)
Awards and publications
- Lorenz, A. R. (2015). Managing Medical School Test Anxiety. American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. http://www.aacap.org/AACAP/Resources_for_Primary_Care/CAP_Resources_for_Medical_Student_Educators.aspx
- Lorenz, A. R. & Worley, V. (2007). PTSD Skill Building Group Manual.
- Lorenz, A. R., Ready, D., Worley, V., Mozley, T., Baltzell, D., & Brown-Thomas, K. (2006). Group-Based Exposure Therapy for PTSD Combat Veterans: Therapist and Patient Manuals.
Amanda Lorenz's office location
Balanced Awakening PC
5215 N Ravenswood Ave, Suite 208
Chicago, IL 60640
Patient reviews for Amanda Lorenz, PhD
She is the best!!!
Warm, inviting. Very open about her process and wants your input in the therapy plan just as much as hers.
Amanda was incredibly kind and understanding during my first visit. I felt understood and comfortable speaking to her and also felt like I learned how to improve myself in the hour that we spent together. I'm looking forward to growing more in our coming sessions. I would recommend Amanda to anyone looking to understand and better their mental health.
My first session went great. Dr. Lorenz as well as the environment was warm and welcoming. She’s was professional, easy to talk to and I’m excited to work with her further.
Dr. Lorenz was great! Very attentive and she actually listened! I will be visiting her again very soon! ?
This was my first time with a therapist and I was very nervous, but it was so easy to talk to Dr.Lorenz and she really made me feel comfortable to say what I needed to. She’s definitely great.
I was comfortable the entire time. She helped me understand things that have been weighing on my shoulders and why I feel the way I do.
Very attentive, detail oriented, listens carefully and makes the visit as comfortable as possible. She listens and repeats making sure she understands.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Pre-Move In Couples Counseling
- Academic Psychology Testing
- Addiction / Substance Abuse
- Adolescent / Teen Issues
- Analytical Therapy / Psychoanalysis
- Anger Management
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Behavioral Therapy
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Cognitive Therapy
- Couples Conflict Resolution
- More Procedures
- Aetna Psychologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychologists
- Cigna Psychologists
- UnitedHealthcare Psychologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Psychologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Psychologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Psychologists
- More Insurances