About Andy Pakter
Andy Pakter, PT, DPT is a board-certified strength and conditioning specialist who received his B.S. in biology from the University of Illinois at Chicago and his Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Touro College. Andy has affiliation experience at NYU's Lutheran Medical Center in Brooklyn, caring for inpatient post-op patients and additional orthopedic, vestibular and balance experience in Long Island. Andy has research experience with functional electric stimulation and trans-cranial magnetic stimulation with the stroke population and metronome gait training with subjects with lower limb amputations. Andy is a regular at the national and state park campgrounds and trails. He spends the rest of his free time playing hockey and biking the streets of NYC.
- Physical Therapist
Education and training
- Touro College and University System, Doctor of Physical Therapy
- University of Illinois, Chicago (Bachelor's)
Andy Pakter's office location
MOTION Sports Medicine
160 East 56th St
New York, NY 10022
Patient reviews for Andy Pakter, DPT, PT
Morgyne was excellent , first visit she explained the process no rushing, not like the previous place I went last time I will definitely come back.
This was my first ever physical therapy session and it could not have gone any better. The young lady at the front desk was very courteous, professional, and efficient. The same can be said for Andy, who was very helpful towards my recovery.
This was my first appointment here and it was a success. Everyone that works here are very kind and nice and kept a smile on their face. It is just a very positive, fun and clean environment.
Quick service and friendly staff !
Andy is a very kind, friendly, professional and knowledgeable PT. As someone who is also in the rehabilitation field, I can confidently say that I would recommend him to all patients, especially if you’re new to PT. He has taught me many exercises and modifications I can do on a daily basis to improve my knee pain. It has made a big difference in the everyday aspects on my life. In addition, the facility itself is clean and the staff is very helpful and friendly.
Very knowledgeable and professional.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Abdominal / Pelvic Therapy
- Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy
- Custom Splints
- Dry Needling
- Functional Capacity Evaluation (Physical)
- Heart Strengthening / Recovery
- Ligament Sprain
- Lung Strengthening / Recovery
- Mobility Therapy
- Movement Disorder Exercises
- Muscle Cramps
- Muscle Strain
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Pain Reduction Exercise
- More Procedures
- Aetna Physical Therapists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Physical Therapists
- Cigna Physical Therapists
- UnitedHealthcare Physical Therapists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Physical Therapists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Physical Therapists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Physical Therapists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Physical Therapists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Physical Therapists
- More Insurances