About Rene Rivera
René graduated from the University at Buffalo with a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science which focused on designing exercise programs for individuals with conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure. He remained at the University at Buffalo and received a Doctorate in Physical Therapy. During the transition period between both degrees, Rene was a teaching assistant for the PT/OT gross human anatomy course which increased his knowledge and love for the way the human body functions. In his spare time he plays competitive racquetball and partakes in volunteer work.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Physical Therapist
Education and training
- State University of New York, Buffalo, Doctor of Physical Therapy
- State University of New York, Buffalo (Bachelor's)
Rene Rivera's office location
Recovery Physical Therapy
530 7th Ave, Room 208
New York, NY 10018
Patient reviews for Rene Rivera, DPT
Rene was very professional and helped me address my problems immediately. He gave me some exercises to do--hopefully my injury will be gone soon!
I highly recommend Dr. Rivera. He is extremely knowledgeable, patient, comforting and reassuring. I learned something new every session. He explained the purpose of each exercise and pushed me to challenge myself. I'm grateful and thankful for Dr. Rivera and his team.
Excellent service provider I would recommend anyone. Rene has taken care of all my soccer team (including me) and we have all been very satisfied with his work. Thanks Rene, I hope I will not have to come again but if I do, i am sure that will be great.
First appt today and it was great! Rene was awesome and taught me exercises that I can do at home. Will come to see him.
Dr. Rene was very knowledgable about treating my injury, He was patient and listened to my concerns.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Abdominal / Pelvic Therapy
- Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy
- Custom Splints
- Dry Needling
- Functional Capacity Evaluation (Physical)
- Heart Strengthening / Recovery
- Ligament Sprain
- Lung Strengthening / Recovery
- Mobility Therapy
- Movement Disorder Exercises
- Muscle Cramps
- Muscle Strain
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Pain Reduction Exercise
- More Procedures
- Aetna Physical Therapists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Physical Therapists
- Cigna Physical Therapists
- UnitedHealthcare Physical Therapists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Physical Therapists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Physical Therapists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Physical Therapists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Physical Therapists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Physical Therapists
- More Insurances