About Tarra Ray
PLEASE NOTE THIS PRACTICE HAS A 24 HOUR CANCELLATION POLICY FOR ALL BOOKINGS. An attentive psychotherapist, Ms. Tarra Ray caters to the residents of Sandy Springs, GA. Ms Ray brings extensive experience to her counseling sessions at Overcoming Life Counseling Services. A renowned psychotherapist, she is well known for her work with children and families which she has been treating for over 20 years. She manages a myriad of patient concerns including bipolar and other mood disorders, Oppositional defiant disorder, and trauma. She has an individualized approach to patient care and carefully considers all aspects of her patient’s physical and mental health in the interest of properly diagnosing and treating them. The clinic feels honored to have her agree to see our clients for a few hours each week. Ms. Ray graduated from Bellevue University, where she received her bachelor's degree. After this, she completed her master's degree in counseling at Spring Arbor University. Ms. Ray caters to adults and has special expertise with children. She treats children, couples and families in a whole system approach to mending families. She is also an active member of the American Counseling Association and American Association of Christian Counselors. Ms. Ray believes in providing comprehensive and holistic care, to enhance her patients’ overall health. She believes in responding sensitively and effectively to people of all cultures, races, classes, and religions, in a manner that makes her patients feel at ease. PLEASE NOTE THIS PRACTICE HAS A 24 HOUR CANCELLATION POLICY FOR ALL BOOKINGS.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
Education and training
- Spring Arbor University, Master's in Counseling
- Bellevue University (Bachelor's)
- American Association of Christian Counselors
- American Counseling Association
- Michigan Mental Health Counselors Association
- American Mental Health Counselors Association
Awards and publications
- (2017, June), “Trauma Informed Care. A Multicultural Perspective” Presented at Families First (For licensed professionals 3 CEU’s)
- (2017, May), “Mental Health in Pregnancy and Fetal Demise.” Presented for the Families First Doula Program. Atlanta, Ga.
- (2017, February). “Loving Yourself: A look at Mental Health, Healthy Relationships and Work/ Life balance.” Presented for the Eastlake Foundation. Decatur, Ga.
- . (2016, May), “Mental Health in Pregnancy and Fetal Demise.” Presented for the Families First Doula Program. Atlanta, Ga.
- (2016, February, April). “Parenting with Purpose.” Presented for the Malon Mimms Boys and Girls Club. Canton, Ga.
Tarra Ray's office location
Overcoming Life Counseling Services
5555 Glenridge Connector, Suite 200
Sandy Springs, GA 30342
Patient reviews for Tarra Ray, LPC
Just from my first session I can tell I'll be back. I felt that she gave me great dialogue at appropriate times while listening to me intently. The trust I've built with her instantly was more than enough to make me a loyal patient from here on out. I can tell with her I'm going to make alot of progress.
Very nice and easy to talk to!
Unlike other therapists I’ve seen, Dr. Ray does not hesitate to answer questions you have. There was no beating around the bush trying to get me to ask myself the right question to arrive at an epiphany. Instead, I left her office with a solution that I was comfortable with to the imminent issue that brought me in, tools to use going forward and great homework for if I want to dive deeper. I will be a regular with Dr. Ray.
My son loves her and opens up to her so if he loves it I love it!!!!
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Adolescent / Teen Issues
- Analytical Therapy / Psychoanalysis
- Anger Management
- Art Therapy
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Behavioral Therapy
- Behavior Modification
- Cognitive Therapy
- Confused Memory
- Divorce Counseling
- Emotional Abuse
- Group Therapy
- Irrational Fears / Phobias
- More Procedures
- Aetna Psychotherapists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychotherapists
- Cigna Psychotherapists
- UnitedHealthcare Psychotherapists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychotherapists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Psychotherapists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychotherapists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Psychotherapists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Psychotherapists
- More Insurances