She was amazing. Very professional and I felt very comfortable with our first session.
Psychotherapists in South Jamaica, Queens, NY
Need to make a psychotherapist appointment this week? Use Zocdoc to find psychotherapists in South Jamaica, Queens who take your insurance. It’s simple, secure and free.
Just off first impressions: Jennifer was awesome and I look forward to meeting with her again. The office was definitely bare bones and not what I was expecting at all. It was a little off putting at first but something I could get used to.
After the first visit I already feel comfortable and am excited to go back and speak with her more
Zarna Shah is a compassionate but yet professional therapist. She is empathetic and easy to talk to. Her office comfortable and nicely appointed. I would recommend her highly.
I did 10 EMDR sessions with Sarah and I loved them! I had a couple of sessions that were downright magical, where I walked in with one belief about a situation (usually that I was unlovable) and walked out with an entirely new belief (usually that a particular person’s response had everything to do with them and little to do with me). Her bedside manner (although there’s no bed in the office!) is amazing. She seems empathetic and gentle, but with good boundaries. Oh, and she’s got a wicked sense of humor. Hopefully you’ll get lucky enough to experience that. Sometimes it can take a day or two to process EMDR work, meaning you might not feel great. It’s kind of like being sore after a workout. Sarah was available to help me process when this happened, and ultimately I ended up feeling much better than before the session. I used my sessions to work on developmental trauma and attachment issues. I had heard that EMDR works better for more acute, recent trauma, but in my case I found it very effective. I definitely recommend you try it if you’re struggling in your relationships.
While this was an introductory visit and finding a therapist that is able to work with you to make you feel comfortable, as this is often difficult, but she definitely made me feel at ease. I was never under any extra pressure or judgment, but kept you on track by basic questions and affirmations. Look forward to more visits with her.
Find doctors and make appointments online
Managing your healthcare is easier than ever before with Zocdoc. Just search for a doctor in your insurance network, see available times, and book an appointment on the spot! You can read real doctor reviews from other patients, see the doctor’s background and education, view photos of the office, and more. It’s simple, secure, and free!
- South Jamaica, Queens, NY Psychotherapists
- Jamaica Estates, Queens, NY Psychotherapists
- Neponsit Belle Harbor, Queens, NY Psychotherapists
- Hewlett, NY Psychotherapists
- Woodsburgh, NY Psychotherapists
- Brighton Beach, Brooklyn, NY Psychotherapists
- East Harlem, New York, NY Psychotherapists
- Emerson Hill, Staten Island, NY Psychotherapists
- Prospect Heights, Brooklyn, NY Psychotherapists
- Malverne, NY Psychotherapists
- Great Kills, Staten Island, NY Psychotherapists
- Lighthouse Hill, Staten Island, NY Psychotherapists
- Coney Island, Brooklyn, NY Psychotherapists
- Claremont, Bronx, NY Psychotherapists
- Bulls Head, Staten Island, NY Psychotherapists
- More Locations
- South Jamaica Allergists
- South Jamaica Cardiologists
- South Jamaica Dentists
- South Jamaica Dermatologists
- South Jamaica Doctors
- South Jamaica Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- South Jamaica Gastroenterologists
- South Jamaica Ob-gyns
- South Jamaica Ophthalmologists
- South Jamaica Optometrists
- South Jamaica Orthopedic Surgeons
- South Jamaica Pediatricians
- South Jamaica Podiatrists
- South Jamaica Psychiatrists
- South Jamaica Urologists
- More Specialties
- Adolescent / Teen Issues
- Analytical Therapy / Psychoanalysis
- Anger Management
- Art Therapy
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Behavioral Therapy
- Behavior Modification
- Cognitive Therapy
- Confused Memory
- Divorce Counseling
- Emotional Abuse
- Group Therapy
- Irrational Fears / Phobias
- More Procedures