About Dr. Andrew Choi
Andrew D. Choi, MD, FACC, FSCCT, is the Co-Director of Cardiac CT and MRI and Assistant Professor of Medicine and Radiology. As an expert in multimodality imaging, his leadership at GW includes advising physicians and patients in a wide spectrum of cardiovascular disorders including coronary artery disease, structural heart disease and cardiomyopathies utilizing Cardiac CT, Cardiac MRI and interventional/3D echocardiography. He is also a core attending in nuclear cardiology and echocardiography. For patients at The GW Medical Faculty Associates and GW Hospital, Dr. Choi uniquely melds both clinical and imaging acumen for his patients while serving as an active educator of student and postgraduate (eg, resident and fellowship) physicians. Dr. Choi is a GW School of Medicine alumnus, graduating as the Allie S. Freed Awardee in Preventive Medicine, as well as GW undergraduate degrees in Music (Honors) and Computer Science (Magna Cum Laude). He trained in Internal Medicine at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (NY), Cardiology at Georgetown University and in Advanced Cardiovascular Imaging for 2 years as the Inaugural Fellow in a joint program at the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute-National Institutes of Health (NIH) and Washington Hospital Center. Dr. Choi maintains a voluntary appointment with the NIH. Dr. Choi has a particular passion for examining Cardiac CT methods that improve clinical strategies, enhance early heart disease detection and reduce radiation exposure to improve patient outcomes.
- Adventist Health
- The George Washington University Hospital
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease (Internal Medicine)
- Certification Board of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
Education and training
- Medical School - George Washington University, Doctor of Medicine
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Georgetown University, Washington Hospital Center, Fellowship in Cardiovascular Medicine and Advance Cardiovascular Imaging
- National Institute of Health, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, Fellowship in Advance Cardiovascular Imaging
Awards and publications
- Dr. Choi is widely published in leading cardiovascular journals, including JACC: Cardiovascular Imaging and Journal of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- Dr. Choi has received several national and international accolades from the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography (SCCT), American College of Cardiology and Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance/EuroCMR.
Dr. Andrew Choi's office location
GWMFA - Cardiology
George Washington Medical Faculty Associates
22nd and I St NW, 3rd Floor
Washington, DC 20037
Patient reviews for Dr. Andrew Choi
Dr. Choi is an excellent physician. He treats you as a real person and is truly concerned about you. Very knowledgeable and keeps up with your progress. Very pleasant and courteous.
Dr. Choi was the most attentive, patient, clear doctor I've ever worked with! He was completely engaged, answered every question clearly and kindly. He was knowledgable and made sure I knew what procedures could happen in what order. I would recommend him to anyone!
Excellent, thorough, friendly.