About Dr. Joshua Cohen
Joshua L. Cohen is Professor of Medicine at the George Washington University School of Medicine, and Interim Director of the Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism. Dr. Cohen received his M.D. at New York University School of Medicine and trained in Internal Medicine at the University of Michigan Medical Center. He was a Medical Staff Fellow at the National Institutes of Arthritis, Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health (NIH), and an Endocrinology and Metabolism Fellow at Johns Hopkins University Medical Center. Dr. Cohen is a Fellow of The American College of Physicians. He is a member of professional societies including the American Diabetes Association, The Endocrine Society, The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, and The American Thyroid Association. Dr. Cohen is a US News & World Report ‘Top Doctor.’ He is listed in America’s Best Physicians and in Washingtonian magazine as one of the region’s leading endocrinologists. Dr. Cohen’s clinical and research interests include prevention of diabetes and treatment of diabetes, metabolic syndrome, thyroid disorders, polycystic ovary syndrome, endocrine disorders in pregnancy, adrenal, pituitary and other endocrine diseases. Dr. Cohen has lectured extensively on these and other topics at regional, national and international meetings. Dr. Cohen’s current research projects include applications of mobile health technology to the treatment and prevention of diabetes as well as clinical trials in subjects with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Adventist Health
- The George Washington University Hospital
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - New York University, Doctor of Medicine
- National Institutes of Health (Fellowship)
- Johns Hopkins University, Fellowship in Endocrinology and Metabolism
- University of Michigan Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- American Diabetes Association
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- American Thyroid Association
- Endocrine Society
Awards and publications
- Dr. Cohen is a US News and World Report ‘Top Doctor.’
- Dr. Cohen is listed in America’s Best Physicians and in Washingtonian magazine as one of the region’s leading Endocrinologists.
Dr. Joshua Cohen's office location
GWMFA - Endocrinology-Diabetes-Metabolism
George Washington Medical Faculty Associates
2300 M St NW, 9th Fl
Washington, DC 20037
Patient reviews for Dr. Joshua Cohen
Good visit. Was able to talk about issues/problems.
Great. Cares about his patients :)
The resident was very nice. She has a lovely bedside manner. Dr Cohen covered each of my concerns and did not make me feel rushed.