Dr. Philip Zapanta, MD
Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
About Dr. Philip Zapanta
If you are experiencing shortness of breath, chest pain or any other emergency, please call 911. Dr. Philip Zapanta is a reputable and accomplished ear, nose & throat doctor caring for the Washington, DC community. He attended the University of Virginia, where he earned his degree in medicine. He completed his residency at George Washington University. He also holds a bachelor’s degree from Eastern Mennonite University. Dr. Zapanta is affiliated with the George Washington University Hospital in Washington, DC. He is board certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology and is a member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, the American College of Surgeons, and the Medical Society of the District of Columbia. Dr. Zapanta is a recipient of the National Defence Service Medal and the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal. He gives each patient his focused attention, and he prides himself on delivering the best treatment available. **All self pay patients are expected to pay for services in full at the time of their visits.**
- Adventist Health
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- The George Washington University Hospital
- American Board of Otolaryngology
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Virginia, Doctor of Medicine
- George Washington University (Residency)
- Eastern Mennonite University (Bachelor’s)
- University of Virginia Medical Center (Residency)
- American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Medical Society of the District of Columbia
- Washington Metropolitan Area Otolaryngology Society
Awards and publications
- Serves his Country as a Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Army Reserves Medical Corps
- Received Military Award for his Service Including the Army Commendation Medal With 1 Oak Cluster.
- Recipient of the Army Reserves Component Achievement Medal with 2 Oak Leaf Clusters.
- Recipient of the National Defense Service Medal.
- Recipient of the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal.
Dr. Philip Zapanta's office location
George Washington Medical Faculty Associates
2300 M St NW, 4th Floor
Washington, DC 20037