About Dr. Donald Longjohn
Dr. Longjohn is an assistant professor in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the Keck School of Medicine of USC. He specializes in hip and knee replacement/revision surgery as well as arthritis rheumatoid arthritis osteoarthritis and arthroscopic surgery. In addition to his membership in professional organizations such as American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons and the Western Orthopaedic Association Dr. Longjohn is a member of the LA County Sheriff's Department Medical Reserve Company 206 (Office of Homeland Security) and also volunteers as a flight physician for the LA County Sheriff's Department Air Rescue 5. He is Chief of the Surgical Arthritis Service at the Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center which cares for a large percentage of the county's joint replacement patients. Dr. Longjohn has been honored with several teaching awards and has published numerous research articles and book chapters. His current research focus is on clinical and biomechanical studies relating to joint replacement and arthroplasty revision techniques and materials. Dr. Longjohn received his medical degree from the University of Michigan Medical School Ann Arbor and completed his fellowship in arthritis and joint implant surgery at Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center/Keck Medical Center of USC.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Michigan, Doctor of Medicine
- Los Angeles County+University of Southern California Medical Center, Internship in General Surgery
- Los Angeles County+University of Southern California Medical Center, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- Rancho Los Amigos Medical Center, Fellowship in Arthritis and Joint Replacement
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Western Orthopaedic Association
Awards and publications
- Periprosthetic femoral bone loss in total hip arthroplasty: systematic analysis of the effect of stem design Hip Int. 2017 Feb 21; 27(1):26-34.
- Challenges in relating experimental hip implant fixation predictions to clinical observations J Biomech. 2011 Jan 11; 44(2):235-43.
- Los Angeles Magazine: Super Doctor, 2016-2018
- Castle Connolly: Amreica's Top Doctors, 2016
- The influence of proximal stem geometry and surface finish on the fixation of a double-tapered cemented femoral stem J Biomech. 2011 Jan 04; 44(1):22-7.
Dr. Donald Longjohn's office location
Keck Medicine of USC - Orthopaedic Surgery
Keck Medicine of USC - Health Sciences Campus
1520 San Pablo St, Ste 2000
Los Angeles, CA 90033
Patient reviews for Dr. Donald Longjohn
Doctor was so greatful & super knowledgeable. I would recommend other people to him.
Dr. Longjohn is very kind & has given me hope that I will be able to walk without pain again. He listened & didn't rush me.