About Dr. Geoffrey Marecek
Dr. Marecek specializes in orthopaedic trauma surgery and fracture care. His interests include treating fractures of the pelvis and acetabulum (hip socket) and fracture non-unions and mal-unions (fractures that do not heal or heal out of proper alignment). Dr. Marecek treats fractures in the upper extremities lower extremities and foot and ankle. He is also on staff at LAC + USC Medical Center where he treats severely injured and polytraumatized patients. Dr. Marecek completed his fellowship education at Harborview Medical Center one of the busiest and most respected trauma centers in the world. He was the recipient of the prestigious AO Jack McDaniel Memorial Fellowship during which he went to Switzerland to learn advanced surgical techniques to treat hip and acetabular fractures. He is active in clinical research with interests in open tibia fractures the percutaneous treatment of pelvic fractures ballistic fractures and outcomes of fracture care. Philosophy of Care: I strive to treat all my patients with the same respect and attention while individualizing their care to suit their injuries, medical problems, goals and beliefs. Dr. Marecek received his medical degree from Northwestern University in Chicago, Illinois, and he did a fellowship in orthopaedic trauma at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, Washington.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education and training
- Medical School - Northwestern University, Doctor of Medicine
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University, Internship in General Surgery
- Harborview Medical Center, Fellowship in Orthopedic Trauma
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Awards and publications
- Use of 3D Printed Models in Resident Education for the Classification of Acetabulum Fractures J Surg Educ. 2018 Jun 18.
- Hip dislocations and concurrent injuries in motor vehicle collisions Injury. 2018 Apr 27
- Soft tissue reconstruction and salvage of infected fixation hardware in lower extremity trauma Microsurgery. 2018 Mar; 38(3):259-263
Dr. Geoffrey Marecek's office location
Keck Medicine of USC - Orthopaedic Surgery
Keck Medicine of USC - Health Sciences Campus
1520 San Pablo St, Ste 2000
Los Angeles, CA 90033
Patient reviews for Dr. Geoffrey Marecek
This doctor was thorough and recognized right away that I needed a different specialist. He let me know what he felt to be my best course of action and checked on my insurance to make sure it would work for the doctor he was recommending for me. I was completely taken care of by every person on his staff.
The visit was great like always.
Great visit, friendly staff, seen right away. Thank you for the great care.
My first visit went very well. I love how proffesional and nice the staff are. They make you feel very comfortable and welcoming. Dr. Marecek is an amazing person and doctor. He listens and has genuine concern for any important questions you may have. You can tell this is what he truly loves doing.
Each time I have come here for appt. I'm prompt take to xray then my examination and I'm informed of my progress and leave very satisfied.