Dr. Yvonne Okoh, MD
Family Physician, Primary Care Doctor
Chevy Chase, MD
About Dr. Yvonne Okoh
Dr. Yvonne Okoh is a dedicated provider who carefully listens to her patients and provides sound advice that would benefit them. Practicing at MedStar Health Center at Chevy Chase, Dr. Okoh serves the community of Chevy Chase, MD. Dr. Okoh completed her medical training at Howard University. She pursued her residency in family medicine at Virginia Commonwealth University, Fairfax Family Practice. She earned her master’s degree in public health from Columbia University. She is certified by the American Board of Family Medicine and holds an active membership in the American Academy of Family Physicians. Dr. Okoh is dedicated to assuring a positive patient experience, as well as working with her team to improve quality, safety, and service at her practice. She takes time out to listen to each patient's health concerns and works on the treatment accordingly. She ensures it suits their recovery and lifestyle.
- Family Physician
- Primary Care Doctor
- American Board of Family Medicine
Education and training
- Medical School - Howard University, Doctor of Medicine
- Virginia Commonwealth University, Fairfax Family Practice, Residency in Family Medicine
- Columbia University, Master's in Public Health
- Colgate University (Bachelor's)
- American Academy of Family Physicians
Awards and publications
- Family Medicine Resident Award for Scholarship, 2012 (Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors/North American Primary Care Research Group/College of Family Physicians of Canada)
- Okoh Y, Liaw W, Bazemore A. Cervical cancer screening in rural Honduras: Incidence of positive VIAs in a medical brigade clinic in Pinares. Poster session, American Academy of Family Physicians 2011 Global Health Workshop.
- Quiroz L, Chang H, Okoh Y, Blomquist J, Handa V. Scheduled Cesarean Delivery: maternal and neonatal risks in primiparous women in a community hospital setting. American Journal of Perinatology. 2009 April; 26(4): 271–277.
- Pregnancy-related mortality in the United States: Ethnic disparities between African-Americans and Hispanic-Americans, 1993-1997. Poster Session, 2003 CDC Maternal and Child Health Epidemiology Conference, 12/2003
- Dr. Okoh is a member of CDC Maternal Child Health Epidemiology.
Dr. Yvonne Okoh's office location
MedStar Health Center at Chevy Chase
Medstar NRH Chevy Chase Spine Center
5454 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 1100
Chevy Chase, MD 20815