About Dr. Peter Warnke
*** This clinic does not accept self-pay patients. *** Internationally renowned neurosurgeon Peter Warnke, MD, has performed more than 6,000 stereotactic surgeries and more than 3,000 brain tumor surgeries. Dr. Warnke provides neurosurgical care for the treatment of movement disorders (including Parkinson's disease, dystonia, torticollis, and tics), with particular expertise in pediatric dystonia, choreoathetosis, and cerebral palsy, Epilepsy, Pediatric epilepsy, primary and secondary brain tumors, including chiasmal/hypothalamic gliomas and craniopharyngiomas, and pediatric brain tumors. He routinely performs neurosurgical procedures with proven expertise, including brain tumor surgery, epilepsy surgery, pediatric epilepsy surgery, deep brain stimulation (DBS), endoscopic neurosurgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, motor cortex stimulation, radiofrequency lesioning and laser ablation. Dr. Warnke is fellowship-trained in brain tumor surgery (neurooncology), movement and epilepsy surgery, and pediatric surgery. He has treated one of the largest series of low grade gliomas in adults and children (more than 1,000) and intrinsic other brain tumors. In addition, Dr. Warnke has a large deep brain stimulation practice for Parkinson’s, essential tremor and dystonia, and was the first neurosurgeon in Chicago to use directional deep brain stimulation. He has special expertise in stereotactic radiosurgery, including interstitial radiosurgery and stereotactically guided endoscopy. Dr. Warnke was one of the first neurosurgeons to use interstitial stereotactic radiosurgery for the treatment of gelastic epilepsy and hypothalamic hamartomas. He also provides care for patients with pain syndromes, including trigeminal neuralgia and neuropathic pain.
- All Savers Insurance
- The University of Chicago Medical Center
Education and training
- Medical School - Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg Medizinische Fakultät
- Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg Medizinische Fakultät (Internship)
- University Hospital Hamburg (Residency)
- Northwestern University, Fellowship in Neuro-oncology
- University of Chicago Medicine Comer Children's Hospital, Fellowship in Pediatric Neurosurgery
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- European Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery
- International Stereotactic Radiosurgery Society
- World Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery
Awards and publications
- Dr. Warnke is the associate editor of the Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry
Dr. Peter Warnke's office location
University of Chicago Medicine Hyde Park
UChicago Medicine Hyde Park
5758 South Maryland Avenue, DCAM 4th Floor - Module 4D
Chicago, IL 60637
Patient reviews for Dr. Peter Warnke
Very excellent visit overall I would refer my family and friends to this hospital any time or day. Thanks so much for having staff members that really care about others.
Great. Very helpful, caring, wonderful.
This visit was very quick and efficient.