About Dr. Sarah Stein
*** This clinic does not accept self-pay patients. *** Dr. Sarah Stein is an expert in the diagnosis and management of childhood skin diseases, including dermatitis of various types, pigmentary disorders, birthmarks, disorders of hair and nails, infectious skin conditions, and cutaneous manifestations of internal diseases. She has a special interest in the presentation of skin disease in children of color. She believes that family education and support are fundamental in pediatric patient care. Dr. Stein is an educator and lecturer. She teaches students, trainees, dermatologists, pediatricians, and primary care physicians about childhood skin diseases. She has served as the University of Chicago Dermatology Residency Program Director since 2012. In 2006, she received the Department of Medicine’s Excellence in Education and Clinical Care Award, and in 2015 she received the Postgraduate Teaching Award. She has been a Fellow of the Academy of Distinguished Medical Educators at the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine since 2009 and was named as a Senior Faculty Scholar in the Bucksbaum Institute for Clinical Excellence at the University of Chicago in 2017. In order to best serve you, please remember to provide your unique member ID number on your insurance card for your appointment. If this is not provided, you may expect a call from our office to get that information prior to your appointment so we can verify your benefits. We look forward to seeing you.
- All Savers Insurance
- Pediatric Dermatologist
- The University of Chicago Medical Center
- American Board of Dermatology
- Pediatric Dermatology (Dermatology)
Education and training
- Medical School - Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Doctor of Medicine
- Tufts Medical Center, Floating Hospital for Children (Internship)
- Tufts Medical Center, Floating Hospital for Children, Residency in Pediatrics
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Residency in Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Association of Academic Dermatologic Surgeons
- Society for Pediatric Dermatology
Awards and publications
- Congenital Langerhans cell histiocytosis presenting in a 27-week-gestation neonate. Dennin MH, Roman CJ, Stein SL.
- Vitiligoid variant of lichen sclerosus in young girls with darker skin types. Dennin MH, Stein SL, Rosenblatt AE.
- Molluscum Contagiosum of the Gluteal Cleft: Observations and Implications for Management in Five Children. Bakke JR, Stein SL.
- Clinical Guidelines for Management of Acne Vulgaris-Reply. Roman CJ, Cifu AS, Stein SL.
- In 2006, Dr. Stein received the Department of Medicine’s Excellence in Education and Clinical Care Award.
Dr. Sarah Stein's office location
University of Chicago Medicine Hyde Park
UChicago Medicine Hyde Park
5758 South Maryland Avenue, DCAM 3rd Floor - Module 3A
Chicago, IL 60637
Patient reviews for Dr. Sarah Stein
I took my son to see Dr. Stein for an misdiagnosed rash, which she diagnosed as eczema. She prescribed medication and suggested modifications for our home environment and for the products we use. Follow-up appointment also went well.
She was very attentive to my issue. We discussed several options pending a blood test. I had a 10:00 appt then went for a blood draw immediately following. She got back to me at 1:30 with the results.
It was good. Dr. Stein did a great job with Jackson and explained everything to us.
Went well. Happy with his appointment.