About Dr. Misaki Kiguchi
Misaki Kiguchi is a caring and diligent vascular surgeon serving the communities of Chevy Chase, MD and Washington, DC. She attended Yale University, where she received her medical degree, and completed her internship as well as her residency in vascular surgery at the University of Pittsburgh. She also holds a bachelor’s degree from Yale University. Dr. Kiguchi is a part of MedStar Vascular Surgery Program and is affiliated with MedStar Georgetown University Hospital and MedStar Washington Hospital Center in Washington, DC. She gives each patient her focused attention, and she prides herself on delivering the best treatment available. Dr. Kiguchi is devoted to ensuring the longevity of her patients’ health and developing long-lasting relationships with them. She takes her time to understand symptoms and give correct diagnoses to ensure the continued health of all her patients.
- AmeriHealth Caritas
- Vascular Surgeon
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center
- Vascular Surgery (Surgery)
Education and training
- Medical School - Yale University, Doctor of Medicine
- Yale University (Bachelor’s)
- Yale University, Master’s in Business Administration
- University of Pittsburgh, Residency in Vascular Surgery
- University of Pittsburgh, Master’s in Clinical Research
- University of Pittsburgh, Internship in Vascular Surgery
Awards and publications
- Physician Leadership and Management Program at University of Pittsburgh February 2009-March 2009
- Distinguished Japanese-American Scholar at Yale University 2003
- Awarded “distinction” in five School of Management courses: Interpersonal Dynamics, Foundations of Competitive Strategy, Employee, Individual Problem Framing, and Customer (Marketing) 2006
- Award for Academic Excellence in the Surgical Sciences from the Connecticut Chapter of the American College of Surgeons 2008
Dr. Misaki Kiguchi's office locations
MedStar Vascular Surgery Program
MedStar Washington Hospital Center
106 Irving Street NW, Physician Office Building North Tower, Suite 3150
Washington, DC 20010
MedStar Vascular Surgery Program
3800 Reservoir Road NW, Pasquerilla Building (PHC) 4th Fl. Entrance #1
Washington, DC 20007
Patient reviews for Dr. Misaki Kiguchi
I greatly appreciated the professional and kind treatment I received from everyone. I no time did I feel rushed and my concerns were listen to and addressed.
I would recommend her to everyone
She's wonderful, as are the nurse and physician's assistant. What I didn't appreciate was the long waiting time with no explanation.
There was no space to discuss alternative treatments.
Dr. Misaki Kiguchi did not even move the cover to check my lower extremities during my office visit for the first time. she just gave me her opinion based on the ultrasound report. When a patient goes to a vascular Dr complaining of varicose pain, I believe it is any doctor's responsibility to do their physical exam. She didn't. I was under the impression that Dr kiguchi she just cared about the insurance coverages. Even if my insurance based on her opinion would cover, I will not trust her to work on me
Emergency for clfoctor caused delay. Understandable. I was kept informed.
My visit very short, which is basically what I expected, since I didn't have to have an ultrasound this time.