Senior Front End Engineer
Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve. Our forward-thinking approach prioritizes collaboration, agility, and continuous learning in service of our long-term vision. This has helped us drive significant innovation in a complex, slow-moving industry, and our talented team is looking for impact-minded individuals to join us as we continue to reimagine the healthcare experience.
We are looking for a Senior Front End Engineer (SFE) to join our engineering team at Zocdoc! As a SFE at Zocdoc you’ll balance individual contribution with mentorship. SFE’s build out our front end technology infrastructure and continue to push the boundaries of usability and delight with our products. You’ll build scalable products that make the healthcare experience for patients, providers, and Zocdocr’s simpler, safer, and more efficient.
What you’ll do:
- Work with technologies like React/Redux building the libraries and frameworks that power Zocdoc’s front-end development. You might build features or native mobile apps that help doctor’s visualize their value on Zocdoc or develop core patient experiences that change the way patients interact with healthcare.
- Ship real code to millions of users continuously, without gates on other parts of the engineering organization.
- Collaborate with our agile team of dedicated and brilliant engineers, product managers, and designers.
- Make meaningful impact as you own and release features in our CI environment that will impact patients, doctors, and Zocdocr’s alike!
- Senior Engineers at Zocdoc enjoy mentoring their peers, with the notion that helping others means learning and growing themselves.
- Your passion for web development IDEs, writing automated tests, and working with source code management systems is unparalleled.
- You have successfully mentored other engineers in the past and have encouraged your peers to use software development best practices for code testing and deployment.
- You have successfully shipped code for a consumer-facing product, including layout, styling, and front-end functionality (we’ll want to see your work).
- 5+ years of professional front-end development experience. Experience with a newer front end framework is desired (React, Angular, Vue, Ember, Meteor, etc.)
- Strong grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Computer Science or related degree preferred.