About Eugenius Harvey
Not seeing any times that work for you? Please call the practice. Dr. Harvey is board certified in general surgery and fellowship trained in advanced laparoscopic and bariatric surgery. Born and raised in the island of Bermuda, he was educated in England and attended medical school at Oxford University and the Royal Free and University College Medical School in London, graduating in 2000. His postgraduate training in general surgery was divided equally between academic hospitals in London and his surgical residency here at Mount Sinai St. Luke’s- Roosevelt Medical Center. He developed a particular interest in minimally invasive and bariatric surgery, and, at his graduation, was awarded the Outstanding Laparoendoscopic Resident Achievement Award. He then furthered his experience with a clinical fellowship at Mount Sinai Medical Center, before returning to Mount Sinai St. Luke’s-Roosevelt to join the Division of Minimally Invasive Surgery as an attending.
- Aetna Better Health
- Amida Care
- Bariatric Surgeon
- American Board of Surgery
Education and training
- UCL Medical School, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Saint Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, Residency in Surgery
- The Mount Sinai Hospital, Fellowship in Laparoscopic Surgery
- University of Oxford (Master's)
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
Awards and publications
- Binenbaum SJ, Teixeira JA, Forrester GJ, Harvey EJ, Afthinos J, Kim GJ, Koshy N, McGinty J, Belsley SJ, Todd GJ. Single-incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy using a flexible endoscope. Archives of surgery (Chicago, Ill. : 1960) 2009 Aug; 144(8).
- Afthinos JN, Forrester GJ, Binenbaum SJ, Harvey EJ, Kim GJ, Teixeira JA. Single-incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy using flexible endoscopy: saline infiltration gallbladder fossa dissection technique. Surgical endoscopy 2009 Nov; 23(11).
- Arroyo K, Kini SU, Harvey JE, Herron DM. Surgical therapy for diabesity. The Mount Sinai journal of medicine, New York; 77(5).
Eugenius Harvey's office location
Mount Sinai St. Luke's Surgery
440 W 114th St, 1st Floor
New York, NY 10025
Patient reviews for Eugenius Harvey, MBBS
Great. Bed side manner. Easy to talk to. Didnt rush appointment and took his time answering questions. Highly recommended him.
He is a great doctor
He examined me for half an hour before making any recommendations about surgery, and he asked me every question a doctor could think of. That is how it should be.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Bariatric Surgery Consultation
- Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery Consultation
- Nissen Fundoplication
- Obesity / Weight Loss Consultation
- Revisional Weight Loss Surgery
- Weight Loss Consultation
- Weight Loss Follow Up
- Weight Loss Operation
- Weight Loss Surgery Consultation
- Weight Loss Surgery Follow Up
- More Procedures