About Dr. Ronaldo Calonje
Ronaldo Calonje is a concerned and mindful Primary Care Doctor, Family Physician, and Sports Medicine Specialist serving Tamarac, FL and nearby communities. Dr. Calonje obtained his Medical Degree from the Autonomous School of Medical Sciences in Costa Rica. He also completed his Residency in Family Medicine at Tallahassee Memorial Hospital and Fellowship in Sports Medicine at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital. Dr. Calonje is the Medical Director at SOUTH FLORIDA SPORTS MEDICINE & PRIMARY CARE. He speaks English and Spanish. Bengali is spoken in the clinic as well, which makes him accessible to patients from a variety of cultural backgrounds. During his consultations, Dr. Calonje fully explains patients’ conditions and helps them choose an appropriate treatment plan. He treats a range of conditions, and he is eager to help the South Florida community receive the care it deserves.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Family Physician
- Sports Medicine Specialist
- Primary Care Doctor
Education and training
- Medical School - Universidad de Ciencias Medicas Andrés Vesalio Guzmán (UCIMED) Escuela de Medicina
- Tallahassee Memorial Hospital, Residency in Family Medicine
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Fellowship in Sports Medicine
- American Medical Association
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American College of Sports Medicine
Awards and publications
- University of Miami Scholarship
- Honors Psychology Phi Theta Kappa
- Best Clinics Tamarac Florida
Dr. Ronaldo Calonje's office location
SOUTH FLORIDA SPORTS MEDICINE & PRIMARY CARE
7401 N University Drive, Suite 206
Tamarac, FL 33321
Patient reviews for Dr. Ronaldo Calonje
Excellent service from registering, to examination, to checking out... awesome experience.
I am very impressed with the care I received at Dr. Ronaldo Calonje's office, from the moment I walked into the building. Coming from a rural small town in Louisiana I was not sure what to expect; however I was surprised to find a caring, friendly, and patient focused staff. I would recommend Dr. Calonje and his staff to anyone who is looking for a family practice or a sports medicine practitioner. I went in needing to renew the medications that I took before I moved here; I was worried that it was going to be much harder because I have Medicare because I am disabled, in the past I have had a hard time finding a great doctor that also accepted Medicare. This app was a lifesaver, it connected me with an Amazing doctor that actually cares and listens to his patients concerns. I would highly recommend giving him a chance to care for you and your family.
The first Doctor I've had that took the time to listen and to get to know me. Which is what I've been waiting for. He is also a sports medicine doctor and that helps as I am very active. Highly recommend!
Very hands on doctor and outlined everything. Very pleasant experience could highly recommend
Dr. Calonje was very friendly and answered all of my questions knowledgeably.
He took his time to listen to me and the staff was very friendly
Have visited twice and both times Dr.Calonje has listened to my concerns and given me great feedback. Definitely recommend him.
Dr. Calonje listened to all I had to say and explained in a detailed manner all processes, reasons and outcomes to my condition. I recommend him and his office.
The Worst Doctor Ever visit he sucks it's all about money what's wrong with these doctors everything's about money no manners worst visit ever had anywhere totally would not recommend him to nobody
Was in need of a new and attentive primary care doctor. He was super nice and addressed all questions/concerns with full answers and explantations. Would recommend him to anyone looking for a Dr.!!
I was looking for a primary care physician that saw patients after 5pm as it works best with my schedule. I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Calonje and was very happy with the quality of care and ability to answer any question I had. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a doctor.
Zocdoc appointment confirmed right away, staff was helpful and the doctor was professional, thank you!
Dr. Calonje is very personable, and a true gem. A doctor who not only "listens" to you, but, CARES! A rarity amongst his peers! Not only is he a primary but he also is a Sports medicine doctor. It is so convenient to have the both with one doctor. His office staff was very professional, cordial, and welcoming. Overall, the entire staff and Dr. Calonje was extremely professional, kind, compassionate, and caring. I wish more doctors and their staff were like him. They should all take note! I am so grateful to have found him and will not be going anywhere else for a long time. A true blessing he truly is!
- Atlanta, GA Sports Medicine Specialists
- Austin, TX Sports Medicine Specialists
- Chicago, IL Sports Medicine Specialists
- Dallas, TX Sports Medicine Specialists
- Denver, CO Sports Medicine Specialists
- Houston, TX Sports Medicine Specialists
- Jersey City, NJ Sports Medicine Specialists
- Los Angeles, CA Sports Medicine Specialists
- New York, NY Sports Medicine Specialists
- Philadelphia, PA Sports Medicine Specialists
- Phoenix, AZ Sports Medicine Specialists
- San Antonio, TX Sports Medicine Specialists
- San Diego, CA Sports Medicine Specialists
- San Francisco, CA Sports Medicine Specialists
- Washington, DC Sports Medicine Specialists
- More Locations
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Ankle Injuries / Sprain
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injury
- Bruise / Contusion
- Calf Strain
- Certified Medical Examination for Athlete
- Combat Sports Injury
- Exercise Counseling
- Exercise-Induced Asthma
- Exercise Intolerance
- Forearm Injury
- Gait Analysis
- Gym Injury
- Hamstring Strain / Pulled Hamstring
- Hand Injury
- Hip Fracture(s)
- More Procedures
- Aetna Sports Medicine Specialists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Sports Medicine Specialists
- Cigna Sports Medicine Specialists
- UnitedHealthcare Sports Medicine Specialists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Sports Medicine Specialists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Sports Medicine Specialists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Sports Medicine Specialists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Sports Medicine Specialists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Sports Medicine Specialists
- More Insurances