Dr. Samreen Akbar, MD, FACOG
A general obstetrician and gynecologist, Samreen Akbar, MD, provides preventative and routine care for women. Dr. Akbar also performs colposcopies to diagnose and manage disorders of the female lower genital tract. In addition to her busy clinical practice, Dr. Akbar do not miss an opportunity of keeping herself updated in the fast changing field of medical practice by attending seminars and conferences to adopt current best practices in the area of OBGYN and continue to reinforce her expertise in robotic assisted surgical procedures and techniques to maximize her patient’s total satisfaction before, during and after their treatment. In July 2009 she joined Barrington Health Care for Women associated with Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital in Lake Barrington, IL. In her 15 + years of practice, Dr. Akbar has delivered more than 5,000 babies, she has performed hundreds of hysterectomies and has been performing minimally invasive robotic assisted procedures and hysterectomies. Dr. Akbar is Board Certified and Fellow of American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology (ACOG). For her dedicated services to the Patients of Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital (Lake Barrington) she was recognized with the distinction of joining the elite group of Exemplary Physicians for the Year 2011 & 2012.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Saint Alexius Medical Center
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Education and training
- John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County, Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Medical School - Peoples University of Medical & Health Sciences for Women, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Awards and publications
- Exemplary Physician Year 2011 & 2012, Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital
- Member, Fellow College of Physicians & Surgeons, Pakistan
UpToDate Healthcare for Women
2500 W. Higgins Rd., Suite # 920
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169