Dr. Vikas Varma, MD
Pain Management Specialist, Neurologist
Vikas Varma is a trusted and reliable neurologist and pain management specialist serving the communities of Fresh Meadows, Jericho, Manhasset, Jackson Heights, and Astoria in New York. Dr. Varma attended the Armed Forces Medical College, where he received his medical degree, and completed his residencies in neurology at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and Drexel University. He continued his training by completing two fellowships, one in neurophysiology at North Shore University Hospital, and the other in interventional pain medicine at the University of South Florida. Dr. Varma is affiliated with New York Hospital Queens in Flushing, NY and North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, NY. He is board certified in pain medicine by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. He speaks English, Spanish, Hindi, Urdu, Bengali, Punjabi, and Malayalam fluently, which makes him widely accessible to patients from a variety of cultural backgrounds. Dr. Varma is dedicated to helping patients receive the treatment they need so they can enjoy a positive and fulfilling lifestyle. He treats a range of conditions, and he is eager to help the wider community receive the care they deserve.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Pain Management Specialist
- New York Hospital Queens
- North Shore University Hospital
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Pain Medicine (Psychiatry and Neurology)
- Neurology (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Education and training
- Medical School - Armed Forces Medical College, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Residency in Neurology
- Drexel University, Residency in Neurology
- North Shore University Hospital, Fellowship in Neurophysiology
- University of South Florida, Fellowship in Interventional Pain Medicine
Dr. Vikas Varma's office locations
3047 38th St
Astoria, NY 11103
82-11 37th Avenue, Suite LL15
Jackson Heights, NY 11372
16408 65th Avenue
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
61 Jericho Turnpike
Jericho, NY 11753
Patient reviews for Dr. Vikas Varma
I’m a chronic pain patient with fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis and Dr. Varma and his staff was so caring and understanding to my needs. I highly recommend anyone suffering with chronic pain to see Dr. Varma. He listens and understands your needs as a chronic pain patient.
No doctor you think I need ya meds? OK
He ordered 3 tests to be performed in his facilities in Fresh Meadows, even though I already provided him with MRI of the head results ordered by my Primary doctor. He ordered TCD Test on 5-16-17, Eroke EG Test on 5-20-17 and Nerve Test on 5-22-17. I never got a call from his office about the results, over a month later I insisted to see him and scheduled appointment. He said he found nothing in the tests, I provided X-Ray also ordered by primary Dr. I asked for copy of my results, his assistant Dave said he will mail it, never did, called him numbers of time, spoke to him again, he said he sent it, but that he will send it again. I contacted him a third time, same promise. Then I asked Primary Dr. to request the results, signed a request, 3 weeks later he hasn't provided test results. This goes back to May 2017.. He charged my insurance for 3 tests I never had copies of, or my primary Dr. He and his staff are refusing to provide tests reports.. I will report this to my insurance Company. Awful experience.
This was my first visit and I will keep you all posted upon future visits!
This was my first and I will update upon my future experiences!
I HAD TO WAIT TO OVER A MONTH BEFORE GETTING THE OPTION FOR A EPID. WAS TREATED HORRIBLE! HAD TO FIND NEW DOCTOR. GOING FROM OFFICE TO OFFICE IN PAIN. HE DOES NOT CARE. GOT BILLED THOUSANDS FOR A URINE SAMPLE, THE LIST GOES ON AND ON
He understood my issue right away, and I liked that a lot.
After I signed up the sheet, had to wait over 15 minutes, I had to insist that they provide with paperwork to fill, and that took another 15 minutes, 6 sheets fill, I should have got the papers to fill since the beginning. The receptionist, young African American, terrible attitude, she seems like she is about to snap.. She doesn't seem happy with her job, should let someone else do it.. All patients come here with health issues, we come with worries and concerns.. Staff is essential in providing initial health care.. Thanks
He is honest, knowledgeable and caring. Best care I have received in a while. I look forward to working with Vikas Varma to finally get to the bottom of the issues I have endured for a lifetime.
This doctor literally spent no more than 1-2 minutes with me, made very little eye contact and only asked me like 3 questions and stormed out of the room after quickly prescribing some medication I had already taken before and wasn't even willing to take again. If you need a doctor who cares, keep looking.
I was there for no more than an hour. Dr. Varma was very friendly, concerned and eager to help find the best solution for the sciatic pain Ive had for a few weeks! Highly recommend.
best doctor i have been to in a long time, staff was great
Dr. Varma is very kind and thorough. He gave good advice, and good analysis of my symptoms.
After entering a waiting room that was crowded with patients, I was expecting an extremely long wait. However, the amount of time that I had to wait to see Dr. Varma was much shorter than I expected. The doctor ordered examinations that I was hoping that he would request, and the medication that he prescribed began to help me with the first dose. WGD.
THE OFFICE IS CLEAN. THE STAFF IS PROFESSIONAL, THEY ARE COURTEOUS AND THEY ARE VERY RESPECTFUL. THE WAIT IS NEVER LONG. DR. VARMA ATTENDS TO YOUR NEEDS AND HE IS VERY COMPASIONATE AND CONSIDERATE. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SERVICE.
Very. Professional. An knowledgeable. Very cancer.
- Atlanta, GA Pain Management Specialists
- Austin, TX Pain Management Specialists
- Chicago, IL Pain Management Specialists
- Dallas, TX Pain Management Specialists
- Denver, CO Pain Management Specialists
- Houston, TX Pain Management Specialists
- Jersey City, NJ Pain Management Specialists
- Los Angeles, CA Pain Management Specialists
- New York, NY Pain Management Specialists
- Philadelphia, PA Pain Management Specialists
- Phoenix, AZ Pain Management Specialists
- San Antonio, TX Pain Management Specialists
- San Diego, CA Pain Management Specialists
- San Francisco, CA Pain Management Specialists
- Washington, DC Pain Management Specialists
- More Locations
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Abdominal Pain
- Ankle Pain
- Anti-Pain Stimulator Implantation
- Arm Pain
- Back Injection
- Back Pain
- Back Problems
- Botox Treatment
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Chronic Post Surgical Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Ear Pain
- Electromyograph (EMG)
- Flu Shot
- More Procedures
- Aetna Pain Management Specialists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Pain Management Specialists
- Cigna Pain Management Specialists
- UnitedHealthcare Pain Management Specialists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Pain Management Specialists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Pain Management Specialists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Pain Management Specialists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Pain Management Specialists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Pain Management Specialists
- More Insurances