Dr. A. Shams-Pirzadeh, MD
Dr. Shams is a Rheumatologist involved in the care of patients with arthritis and rheumatic diseases. Dr. Shams had his rheumatology training at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Following his rheumatology training, he became a faculty member for one year and then moved back to St. Agnes Hospital where he had his residency in internal medicine. Dr. Shams started a rheumatology program at St. Agnes Hospital and trained medical residents at that institution for 30 years. He also started an arthritis clinic at St. Agnes Hospital where he took care of indigent patients with rheumatic diseases. Dr. Shams is a Founding Fellow of American College of Rheumatology and has dedicated his life to care for patients with rheumatic diseases and teaching of medical residents for which he received numerous awards.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Saint Agnes Hospital
Education and training
- Johns Hopkins University, Fellowship in Rheumatology
- Medical School - Tehran University of Medical Sciences School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine
- Saint Agnes Hospital, Residency in Internal Medicine
Awards and publications
- Baltimore Magazine Top Doctors of 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Founding Fellow of American College of Rheumatology
716 Maiden Choice Lane, Suite 301
Baltimore, MD 21228