Dr. Adil Choudhary, MD, FACG, FACP, FASGE
Dr. Adil M. Choudhary has been in practice since 1999 and joined Huguley Medical Associates in 2008. He comes from a family with a very strong academic background. His father, a Rhodes Scholar, who is considered a world authority on “Irritable Bowel Syndrome” is a practicing gastroenterologist and a former medical school dean and professor of medicine. His late grandfather was the Chancellor of one of the oldest universities in South Asia. Before moving to the metroplex, Dr. Choudhary completed his Internal Medicine training at New York University in New York City. This included working at one of New York’s busiest medical institutions—Bellevue Hospital; one of the country’s largest VA hospitals, Manhattan VA and the most upscale hospital in New York city, Tisch Hospital. This was followed by sub-specialty training/ Fellowship in Gastroenterology at Yale University program at Bridgeport Hospital, Connecticut. He then went on to do an Advanced Fellowship in gastroenterological procedures at Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana. He has twice received citation from the American College of Gastroenterology for outstanding contribution to the field of Gastroenterology and Hepatology first in 1997 and later in 1999. He has published 10 papers and 19 abstracts in various medical journals and presented papers at 18 national and international meetings. He has extensive training in all gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary endoscopic procedures. His areas of special interest include Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Celiac Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Hepatitis C and other liver disorders, Biliary Endoscopy and Colon Cancer screening. He is trained in all aspects of Gastrointestinal and Liver disorders.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Huguley Memorial Medical Center
- Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - Dow Medical College, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- New York University, Bellevue Hospital Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Tulane University, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- Yale University, Bridgeport Hospital, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- American College of Gastroenterology
- Royal Institute for Public Health
- American Gastroenterological Association
Awards and publications
- America's Top Physician 2007- Consumer Research Council of America
- Certificates for Outstanding contribution to the field of Gastroenterology and Hepatology from American College of Gastroenterology 1997 and 1999.
- Named Texas Super Doctor for 2014 by Texas Monthly Magazine
11803 South Frwy, Suite 315
Burleson, TX 76028